New tail lights, take two

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joey D

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found on ebay $350 shipped. Brand is mostplus. Fit very good. Blinkers light up red.

BBEC3EAD-D2D9-4B40-AB44-96026D4255CF.jpeg DEAA8D56-E305-4DC6-B5FE-D8AD17810396.jpeg

Brad32486

Reaction score
Tahoe 5 (2).jpeg

I got the tinted ones, they aren't the vLand brand though. I personally love the look, but don't like how they just aren't that bright. I have a feeling the biggest reason for that is the tint on these lenses. I see many Tahoes with the untinted, clearly aftermarket ones and they look brighter. It was worth it to me for the cleaner look to have tinted ones. As someone else stated in a thread about these lights, I like them on (dim mode, no brakes applied) better than the Escalade, the lighting is just more consistent. But when brakes/signals are on, I wish they were brighter.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brad...
what bulbs do they have, you may be able to upgrade to a brighter output bulb.

Brad32486

Reaction score
Brad...
what bulbs do they have, you may be able to upgrade to a brighter output bulb.
They are all LED integrated into it. From what I've seen/observed through research, so I won't call it fact, the OEM Escalade lights have a ballast for the whole set up, which would explain why they can get so bright. These after market lights were clearly modeled/copied from an OEM housing, which makes sense with "copy cat manufacturing." There is a spot on the outside of the housing where the factory light has the ballast mounted, and it's not there. Bottom line, the OEM ones are much more complex which give them the performance they have.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED or not, it may be worth the time to research the bulb...i try to located a bulb with a CREE style led at the end facing the rear aside from just a radial led...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan