New radio.. Pioneer DEH-P5900iB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have to call ******** on pioneer headunits being bad. thats basically all i've ever ran and most of my friends do as well. no problems over several different decks. ive got a pioneer in the Maro thats a good 10 years old and still works great. been through atleast 5 different vehicles and a few different systems.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
i have to call ******** on pioneer headunits being bad. thats basically all i've ever ran and most of my friends do as well. no problems over several different decks. ive got a pioneer in the Maro thats a good 10 years old and still works great. been through atleast 5 different vehicles and a few different systems.

NEW pioneer head units. my boys had 3 in his car in the last 6 months. and they dont go bad from grounding the RCAs. one day they work, the next day theres serious engine noise. its some stupid internal wiring thing. we've already talked to pioneer about it. supposedly they have no plan to fix it yet.

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
I've had 2 dozen different head units over the years and would take kenwood over any other brand hands down.

Never heard of a wireless antenna. That's pretty cool.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I still like my alpine. When I bought the benz it had an alpine radio tape deck in there that must of been over 18 years old. Still worked. But wanted a cd player and two more speakers.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
I've had my alpine for 4 years, only issue is that the remote stopped working, but thats prolly since i rarely used it anyway. But my wholesaler doesnt carry alpine anymore, so my support currently goes to JVC or Kenwood.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want the best head units around, there are really only 2 brands to consider. Denon and McIntosh. Both are hard to find and cost an arm and a leg, but you cant beat the quality.

I used to do custom installs when I was younger, and got to play with a lot of different units. I ended up with a Denon in my first truck; totalled the truck, put the deck in a new one, totalled that truck, replaced a $2 plastic piece to allow the CD's to come out. After 6 years, changed to a newer MP3 deck (Rockford Fosgate) and it got stolen. Put the denon back in until insurrance check came in. Got a new car, put the Denon deck in after the deck got stolen on 3rd day of ownership. Still have the Denon sitting in the garage for another situation. Damn thing is 14 years old, and still has better sound quality than any other deck I've ever owned.

Well, back to building my entertainment center, battery is charged!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr