New ppv owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! As others have stated, lots of knowledge and experience here with both the whole GMT900 chassis and the PPV or SSV models as well. Stick around, share your progress changes, most importantly post lots of pics!

Welcome to the party!

First order of business is to get a DIC if it doesn't have one
Indeed. Then post an obligatory DIC pic. :fishing1:

Markat666

Reaction score
Welcome! As others have stated, lots of knowledge and experience here with both the whole GMT900 chassis and the PPV or SSV models as well. Stick around, share your progress changes, most importantly post lots of pics!

Indeed. Then post an obligatory DIC pic. :fishing1:

Markat666

Reaction score
Get a good deal on the transport rims? Guys act like they're made of gold. Best deal I ever saw was $400.
it’s because the dealerships have a $1500 core charge on every set. I worked with a director of parts at a local Chevy dealer, and that’s the cheapest he could let them go for. I found this set on a Chevy forum, guy from Long Island, got them for 500, but it was right at the beginning of the pandemic last year, and I paid uShip to bring them for another 300. I should’ve just drove up and got them myself. Said he still has other sets though.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
it’s because the dealerships have a $1500 core charge on every set. I worked with a director of parts at a local Chevy dealer, and that’s the cheapest he could let them go for. I found this set on a Chevy forum, guy from Long Island, got them for 500, but it was right at the beginning of the pandemic last year, and I paid uShip to bring them for another 300. I should’ve just drove up and got them myself. Said he still has other sets though.
There's a few guys on here who work at dealerships. Wonder......

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so ive finally had time to clean this thing up and start to play around with it. i have a few questions.... and it is stickered as a ppv not ssv

it was ordered so that "auto" lights do not work or stealth mode. any way to program that back so it works? or d0 i have to see a dealer?

also seeing someone on here saying you are not supposed to tow with these ppvs is that true? mine has a hitch and electric plug

anyone lowered one? i could use advice on what kit and how low you went?

and has anyone swapped a factory steering wheel for an aftermarket (billet grant etc)?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so ive finally had time to clean this thing up and start to play around with it. i have a few questions.... and it is stickered as a ppv not ssv

it was ordered so that "auto" lights do not work or stealth mode. any way to program that back so it works? or d0 i have to see a dealer?

also seeing someone on here saying you are not supposed to tow with these ppvs is that true? mine has a hitch and electric plug

and has anyone swapped a factory steering wheel for an aftermarket (billet grant etc)?
I tow a 1500# teardrop with mine.

96EFDA87-412B-4693-BAFD-4DB1AB4E0E4B.jpeg 82D5323D-3A7D-4286-BD4C-AA10014BBA3B.jpeg

Markat666

Reaction score

Hey, if you look on the previous page, I replied about how mine is lowered, and with rim/tire sizes