New Owner with an 08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I just bought a 2008 Tahoe Hybrid. It's a distance away so it will probably take a few days to get it but I'm really excited. This is replacing a 2009 Honda Accord v6. Ironically we may be getting a bit of a upgrade in city mileage which is what we do mostly.

Our dog has become just too large for the accord thus the move. It joins a 800hp 04 GTO and a 525hp 05 c6. I tune a lot of GM cars but unfortunately it looks like HPT hasn't cracked the computers for these yet otherwise I'd start messing around in there to see if I could squeak out a few more mpg based on my driving.

Planning on some kind of CAI setup (probably build something) and getting rid of the resonator.

Here's a pic sitting at the dealership. Has 23k miles on it and bumper to bumper till March.

Fg_640.jpg

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, love that color...that's a huge upgrade in room from the car. You'll love it....welcome to the site!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Sean! Nice hybrid. First mod should be to take off the huge hybrid decal that's engulfing all of your doors :)

eanmizell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, got me an 08 hybrid also, couple of upgrades. If your looking for inspiration. Check out Soulsea and B.G. they have some nice hybrids also. Welcome to the site!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Sean,

You seem familiar. :)

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Welcome Sean! Nice hybrid. First mod should be to take off the huge hybrid decal that's engulfing all of your doors :)

My understanding is that that's already in the works. :waytogo:

OP
OP
S

shizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Sean,

You seem familiar. :)

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

My understanding is that that's already in the works. :waytogo:

I'm like Visa :)

I'm everywhere you want to be...or vice versa. Whatever :shocked:

OP
OP
S

shizon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Starting to get impatient with this dealer. I wired him the money on Wednesday. As you can imagine, they were very attentive before they got their cash. Now, it's a struggle to get in touch with him and he won't give me a ship date. Before cash, the ship date was Thursday. I know shipping can take some time, but I'm not asking for it to go out the door, just an estimated ship date. I'm going to give him until Monday and if he doesn't have it by then, I'm going to have someone pick it up and ask for compensation of my cost to get it out here since it was included in the paperwork that they would cover shipping in the cost.

eanmizell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're your best friend till you cough up the money, then its like you go to the back of the line, but that sounds like all you can do unless you drive and get it.