New Owner - 2013 Yukon XL Denali-Very High Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats darn clean. I've never had a car without rust.

Be careful when thinking about replacing trans fluids. New detergents can dislodge otherwise stable crap and block passages etc. I've got a 160k miles on unknown trans fluid change cycle. I'm not touching it until I rebuild it.

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new here and the new owner of this 2013 Yukon XL Denali with 250k miles.

I was (and still am) very skeptical on the mileage, but after putting a hundred or so miles of test driving on I decided to pull the trigger. Very stable at 75mph. Oil pressure looks good.

I went back and forth between buying one with 125k miles for $6-10k more, but the ones I looked at were in way worse shape rust wise. While the underside may not look completely perfect, for Ohio its as good as we get.

It has its fair share of small, $20-80 issues that I will replace over time.

It was a one owner vehicle. I received all the records that carfax recorded, which seems to be everything. I have every oil change on there. While I wish some were closer together mileage wise, I am happy to have the records.

Hopefully it is a fairly reliable vehicle. I obviously am aware that the transmission or something could fail at any time, but it seems to shift well. The last flush was 120k miles ago, I am on the fence of doing a flush or just dropping the pan and replacing.

Power Steering fluid looks a little rough, I plan to change that. I know a pump could be necessary.

We will see how things go. My hope is to get 2-3 years and about 50k miles out of it before I consider shipping it down south for a whole new chassis/duramax/allison.

View attachment 237357 View attachment 237358 View attachment 237359 View attachment 237360

Wow, looks brand new. Usually with that many miles, the leather would be showing a ton more wear. Nice Denali.

61sasquatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new here and the new owner of this 2013 Yukon XL Denali with 250k miles.

I was (and still am) very skeptical on the mileage, but after putting a hundred or so miles of test driving on I decided to pull the trigger. Very stable at 75mph. Oil pressure looks good.

I went back and forth between buying one with 125k miles for $6-10k more, but the ones I looked at were in way worse shape rust wise. While the underside may not look completely perfect, for Ohio its as good as we get.

It has its fair share of small, $20-80 issues that I will replace over time.

It was a one owner vehicle. I received all the records that carfax recorded, which seems to be everything. I have every oil change on there. While I wish some were closer together mileage wise, I am happy to have the records.

Hopefully it is a fairly reliable vehicle. I obviously am aware that the transmission or something could fail at any time, but it seems to shift well. The last flush was 120k miles ago, I am on the fence of doing a flush or just dropping the pan and replacing.

Power Steering fluid looks a little rough, I plan to change that. I know a pump could be necessary.

We will see how things go. My hope is to get 2-3 years and about 50k miles out of it before I consider shipping it down south for a whole new chassis/duramax/allison.

View attachment 237357 View attachment 237358 View attachment 237359 View attachment 237360

61sasquatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet! I wouldn't mind having all that new leather. Mines a 2000 with 276.000 on the odometer and I tow a Bullet bass boat about three times a week. wherever I want to go. Have never had an issue. When the tranny goes I'll just replace it. Still can't buy a new truck for that. Just keep up on your fluids. Drive it like you have some sense. You should be fine. Best wishes.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked my 08 Denali with 160k miles. I have exactly 4995 hours.

Fuel usage is 9999+ gallons. She stopped counting, ha!

Kenneth L Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome - I am still a newb here too! This is a welcoming bunch! Nice ride - I recently purchased a higher mileage 08 Tahoe rust free and my mentality was if the worst case scenario presents itself (the engine goes out) - the truck is worth a new long block. Good purchase!!

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome - I am still a newb here too! This is a welcoming bunch! Nice ride - I recently purchased a higher mileage 08 Tahoe rust free and my mentality was if the worst case scenario presents itself (the engine goes out) - the truck is worth a new long block. Good purchase!!

Oh no, engine is dead. I need a new long block, with forged pistons, thick connecting rods, uhhh and a upgraded cam. Just tell the wife I'm getting a new engine, nothing special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727