New Owner Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjlaw73

Reaction score
Hey guys, just upgrade from a 2009 to a 2016. Quick question: can you hook up 2 phones to Apple Car Play? I have a work iPhone and a personal iPhone and was wondering what is the best way to integrate both phones if possible so that I could take calls and possibly view/have read to me things like e-mails or text from both phone is if possible.

Tahoe.JPG

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am unaware of the ability to hook up multiple devices. I just switch out to the one I need to use at the time

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just upgrade from a 2009 to a 2016. Quick question: can you hook up 2 phones to Apple Car Play? I have a work iPhone and a personal iPhone and was wondering what is the best way to integrate both phones if possible so that I could take calls and possibly view/have read to me things like e-mails or text from both phone is if possible.

View attachment 220265

Why two phones?

And the I don’t think CarPlay will do that. But maybe one could be connected via Bluetooth and one via CarPlay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife’s RAV4 doesn’t have carplay but something similar. My phone and her phone are synced but we have to choose which one we want paired they both can’t be at once

OP
OP
cjlaw73

cjlaw73

Reaction score
My wife’s RAV4 doesn’t have carplay but something similar. My phone and her phone are synced but we have to choose which one we want paired they both can’t be at once

Thanks. Thats what I think I have to do

Why two phones?

And the I don’t think CarPlay will do that. But maybe one could be connected via Bluetooth and one via CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a work phone and personal phone. Thought it'd be nice to answer either phone though the truck on the fly.

Thought about trying that - having one plugged in through car play and seeing if the other could stay linked to the bluetooth. I'll try it later. Thanks.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

View attachment 220265

Forward all the calls to the phone you are using on carplay

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have 2 phones for the same reason as the OP. My personal cell is forwarded to my work phone. You can pair both to your vehicle, however only 1 is connected at a time.

I haven't tried this, but I believe you can connect one phone via the cable and use apple play (for music or Nav) and have the second phone connected via BT for phone calls.