New on here from the Sipp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadman2b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm Jason from central Mississippi. I've been a police officer for over 23 years. In 2016, I was at work in my Dodge Charger, when I was involved in a horrific automobile accident. I've had to learn to walk again and a bunch of other crap. Long road to say the least.

Fast forward to yesterday. I bought a lightly used 2012 PPV Tahoe. Obviously it was either an admin vehicle or an investigator. Outside is in great shape. Inside has very little wear. I lucked out on this one.

I've already got a new head unit, backup camera, re-tinting, sub, new door speakers, and a custom built console on the way. As a matter of fact, this will all take place starting Tuesday.

Next, I'll be looking for legitimate power adders.

I will be researching, but any and all suggestions welcome. Maybe one day I'll travel all over to visit with members on here.

Stay safe

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Welcome aboard friend. Sorry to hear about your accident. Thankfully you're making great strides. You've come to the right place. I love the ppvs! Gotta post some pics of that baby. What kind of power adders are you looking at? There's a few members here with some pretty cool/fast rigs.

OP
OP
R

roadman2b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome aboard friend. Sorry to hear about your accident. Thankfully you're making great strides. You've come to the right place. I love the ppvs! Gotta post some pics of that baby. What kind of power adders are you looking at? There's a few members here with some pretty cool/fast rigs.
I will eventually add a procharger, but I'll have to save up for that. Plus, I want to make sure the transmission and the rear end can withstand whatever I throw at it. Until then, I'm sure I'll do a CAI, and whatever else I can to get more hp.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I will eventually add a procharger, but I'll have to save up for that. Plus, I want to make sure the transmission and the rear end can withstand whatever I throw at it. Until then, I'm sure I'll do a CAI, and whatever else I can to get more hp.
Maybe try a BlackBear tune. They're a vendor here, and from what I hear best bang for the buck. I'd like to use them myself, but gotta start saving my pennies. Blew my *** on my 03 already.

OP
OP
R

roadman2b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe try a BlackBear tune. They're a vendor here, and from what I hear best bang for the buck. I'd like to use them myself, but gotta start saving my pennies. Blew my *** on my 03 already.
I appreciate it very much. I'll definitely look into them.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Jason!!

Like Tony said you made great strides. I have seen those FHP Chargers fold up on I-95 and other highways like a tin can more then once so I can only imagine what happened to you. Same goes for the Explorer.

Beagleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Canada, thank you for your service....glad you are recovering, my nephew is RCMP, so I have an idea of what you went / going through..... this is a very cool site, I'm a new comer too, but have lurked for a while, and have learned all sorts of stuff, my 2019 Tahoe has a build date now, so I am getting excited.... would love to see a pic of your PPV, love them , they look so cool...

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and thx your service. Make sure and check out the SSV/PPV thread. Lots of cool stuff to keep you reading for hours. Need some pics for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan