New Oil Pressure Sensor failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John H Daniel

Reaction score
Chasing oil leaks, with the help of this forum, I changed Intake Manifold and VLOM gaskets, and oil pressure sensor and screen. I found some VLOM screws were only finger tight. The first 2 you can easily reach under the IM. My 2011 Denali- 192,000 miles- has usual issues, but nothing too scary about the oil pressure.
Got it all back together, definitely improved the oil leakge. A week later, nominal temps, just grocery getting, OP goes to 80 for a few minutes them 0.
Fortunately, I had the old sensor to do some trouble shooting and the new AC/Delco sensor had failed. Based on an awesone Youtube video about the above replacements, I left the rear sound shield off so access is much improved.
Being my first big American vehicle in many years, I continue to be annoyed at the quality of materials and techniques, but have been pleased at how easy it is to work on.
So surprisingly, the factory brand sensor failed- just one data point, but when I returned it, folks at the parts store, said they try not to use AC/Delco.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job sorting it out and thanks for letting us know what you did. For many parts on these trucks, OEM is the *only* brand I will use because the aftermarket versions don't hold up. Fuel pumps, for example.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curious, did yours take the oval electrical connector, or the round connector?

OP
OP
John H Daniel

John H Daniel

Reaction score
As noted above, I replaced the first failed AC/Delco unit with a second AC/Delco. It failed after about a month. No more OEM parts; replaced with the store brand, CarQuest. So far so good after a couple of weeks.

For grins, I checked the pin to pin resistance on all of them. The AC/Delco units were comparable to each other, but not the old original. The CarQuest part is similar to the old one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts