New ohio guy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onomoto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all what up. I hail from the southwest sode of ohio with my 05 z71. Can anyone point me in the direction for the tuning section. I have been learning the ways of the hp tuners but still on not very happy with my end results. I know the 5.3 in these things in stock trim are turds just trying to see if there is something I am over looking. Btw what are you guys getting for fuel mileage on the highway. At 70 mph on flat ground I get 14.0 -14.2 per the dash.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey all what up. I hail from the southwest sode of ohio with my 05 z71. Can anyone point me in the direction for the tuning section. I have been learning the ways of the hp tuners but still on not very happy with my end results. I know the 5.3 in these things in stock trim are turds just trying to see if there is something I am over looking. Btw what are you guys getting for fuel mileage on the highway. At 70 mph on flat ground I get 14.0 -14.2 per the dash.

Welcome, and let's see some pics of the rig!

For tuning, the overwhelming favorite here is Blackbear Performance.

What kind of fuel are you running? Lots of threads regarding fuel and mileage to browse with TONS of info. Does your truck have the L59 FFV?

OP
OP
O

Onomoto

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would assume the ffv59 is a flex fuel vechical witch it is not. As far as the tuning is was a asking about I need to search the forum about what kinda of timing these things like I really cant do much better than stock because of the kr I get with 87. These things are turds lol.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks would disagree about the 5.3 being s turd. I’ve had several and they don’t give up. Lots of custom builds use them. Tuning will get you some gains but it sounds like you’re looking for big power. Remember it’s a 3 ton truck so a supercharger or turbo may get what you’re after.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Tuning can help with responsiveness, overall drivability, wake it up. We use EFILive exclusively for tuning. We do see a 1-2 mpg improvement with the tune but it will depend on fuel quality, octane, condition of the vehicle prior to the tune. Give us a call 877-809-4070 if you have any questions.

Jonesy92

Reaction score
Hello fellow Ohio-ner! Slap some pics of your ride man!

I’m sort of in the same boat. Although, I’m leaning towards Blackbear myself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345