New mods complete, now what’s next

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted more towing power so I had Texas speed custom grind a cam for me and I also used there long tubes and y pipe. I bolted it up to my existing Corsa cat back. I used an off road y pipe at first but the sound was way to crazy and the fumes were out of control, so I did the catted version. Fumes gone sound still out of control. I’m trying to decide on a new muffler this week. I would post some vids but not sure how to ... but she is a better truck and at idle is just what you would want. Tuned with hp

79CE4AEF-528A-447E-A4C0-3E1C4709C579.jpeg BE56A452-B957-43DF-B496-50647F4E8130.jpeg 97C24686-A1CE-4764-A32A-1BF801F04993.jpeg 11DA0ABA-9ADF-4D3A-BF08-4FC5FF8CB246.jpeg

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. If you like the sound and tone of the Corsa don’t swap mufflers. If all you want to do is quiet it down some add a resonator; plenty available is 3” and stainless steel. And just have a local muffler shop weld it in.

Check Vibrant.

Also, if you jump on YouTube and search for “GMC 6.2 Corsa with Resonator”. There’s a few helpful vids of other trucks that may have a similar set up as yours (not exact) before and after adding a resonator. It’ll give you an idea of how much impact they have on quieting it down some.

OP
OP
J

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. If you like the sound and tone of the Corsa don’t swap mufflers. If all you want to do is quiet it down some add a resonator; plenty available is 3” and stainless steel. And just have a local muffler shop weld it in.

Check Vibrant.

Also, if you jump on YouTube and search for “GMC 6.2 Corsa with Resonator”. There’s a few helpful vids of other trucks that may have a similar set up as yours (not exact) before and after adding a resonator. It’ll give you an idea of how much impact they have on quieting it down some.
Great info. If I can find a vid of that and it’s good I’ll do that, by not having any luck finding anything. I was looking at the Flowmaster super 50 delta but I want to hear this cam at idle still,
It’s just then you drive the rasp is out of control

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great info. If I can find a vid of that and it’s good I’ll do that, by not having any luck finding anything. I was looking at the Flowmaster super 50 delta but I want to hear this cam at idle still,
IF YOU DECIDE YOU WANT TO GET RID OF THE CORSA MUFFLER PM ME

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rasp is EXACTLY what resonators get rid of.

I found these ones by searching “GMC Corsa with resonator”. Again not exact set up but will give you an idea...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I wanted more towing power so I had Texas speed custom grind a cam for me and I also used there long tubes and y pipe. I bolted it up to my existing Corsa cat back. I used an off road y pipe at first but the sound was way to crazy and the fumes were out of control, so I did the catted version. Fumes gone sound still out of control. I’m trying to decide on a new muffler this week. I would post some vids but not sure how to ... but she is a better truck and at idle is just what you would want. Tuned with hp

View attachment 207388 View attachment 207389 View attachment 207390 View attachment 207391
Just upload your vid to youtube, then hit the video icon--2 over from the smiley face--it'll ask you the link--make sure you hit the share link for your video and copy link--when you hit the video icon paste the link for your vid, and it'll post. Hope I didn't confuse you.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 207388 View attachment 207389 View attachment 207390 View attachment 207391

Sexy Tahoe.

If the sound of the Corsa is too loud, you're gonna need more muffling either with a different muffler or add a small glasspack. If you like the sound but have an issue with a particular RPM range, such as drone under cruising throttle, you're gonna need a resonator. I really wanna see someone use this idea: https://www.performancetrucks.net/f...xhaust-resonator-tube-eliminate-drone-489463/ I'm almost hoping I'll have a small drone issue just so I can do it. I might even get a muffler that's one step louder than the one I'm aiming for just so I'll have the sound and volume I want and can fine-tune any unwanted noise with this resonator idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01