New Mileage Record?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealer says "mileage unknown" the odometer has most likely stopped recording mileage. So it may actually have more than what is showing? If so the odometer is not the only part completely worn out LOL.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just took my thought, ahead of me..... ( I heard that peddle check way years back on the "roll back odometer" days....
seats too can indicate the mileage (check the door seals are they worn? or have they been replaced??) it's all in the details

i have seen a tahoe that was rolled back from at lest 285-295,000 miles is the calculated mileage to 136k miles.. it had inconsistency in the mileage shown on the car fax.. i pointed this out to the dealer they sent it to auction shortly after...

Also i told them about the accident it was in as well ..it had a frontal impact to the driver side like 10-15mph

i pointed out that like some months it had gotten 2,000-3,000 miles ,, then one entry for 1,500 miles for a whole year..... yeah don't pay a note and insurance to only drive it 1500 miles in a year

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealer says "mileage unknown" the odometer has most likely stopped recording mileage. So it may actually have more than what is showing? If so the odometer is not the only part completely worn out LOL.
the mileage is 455,870 MILES just in case anyone was interested 13k for it i going to call them up and offer 500$ for it at 455k it's only junk yard value,, it's been in a accident as well..

they claimed the motor was replaced at 200k miles which is illegal to claim such without any paper work when someone search the VIN hope they see this post/thread VIN: 1GKS2KE39BR256979 Yukon XL

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the mileage is 455,870 MILES just in case anyone was interested 13k for it i going to call them up and offer 500$ for it at 455k it's only junk yard value,, it's been in a accident as well..

they claimed the motor was replaced at 200k miles which is illegal to claim such without any paper work when someone search the VIN hope they see this post/thread VIN: 1GKS2KE39BR256979 Yukon XL
Different states have different rules regarding disclosure on used vehicles. For example, in the state of Iowa, if my vehicle is over 7 years old, by model year, I don’t have to disclose any amount of damage. If I “total” my vehicle and fix it without insurance money, and it costs me $10,000 to fix, if the vehicle is a 2008, I am not required, by law, to say a word.

I have never heard that a dealer had to have proof that a new motor was put in, just like I don’t believe that they don’t have to have proof for any other maintenance that was done to it prior to them having the vehicle. Know I will admit that I don’t have full knowledge about all the different state laws when it comes to vehicle disclosure, but I do know that there is a lot of variation from state to state.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different states have different rules regarding disclosure on used vehicles. For example, in the state of Iowa, if my vehicle is over 7 years old, by model year, I don’t have to disclose any amount of damage. If I “total” my vehicle and fix it without insurance money, and it costs me $10,000 to fix, if the vehicle is a 2008, I am not required, by law, to say a word.

I have never heard that a dealer had to have proof that a new motor was put in, just like I don’t believe that they don’t have to have proof for any other maintenance that was done to it prior to them having the vehicle. Know I will admit that I don’t have full knowledge about all the different state laws when it comes to vehicle disclosure, but I do know that there is a lot of variation from state to state.
that is wrong you have to file a report if it's over $1500..

nothing on the forum says anything over 7 years old is exempt ....

simple search

An accident occurring anywhere within the State of Iowa causing death, personal injury, or Total property damage of $1,500 or more must be reported on an Iowa Accident Report form. However, such report is not required when the accident is investigated by a law enforcement agency. Failure to return an accident report form within 72 hours may result in suspension of your driving privileges. Note: You must attempt to completely fill out this report.

also claiming the engine was replaced

South Carolina law forbids car dealership from using unfair or deceptive actions in selling you a car. This law (South Carolina Code 56-15-10)

that would be covered under the term Deceptive actions No **** the claim can't be made...i'll call them and ask for the VIN on the engine

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is wrong you have to file a report if it's over $1500..

nothing on the forum says anything over 7 years old is exempt ....

simple search

An accident occurring anywhere within the State of Iowa causing death, personal injury, or Total property damage of $1,500 or more must be reported on an Iowa Accident Report form. However, such report is not required when the accident is investigated by a law enforcement agency. Failure to return an accident report form within 72 hours may result in suspension of your driving privileges. Note: You must attempt to completely fill out this report.
https://iowadot.gov/mvd/buyingselling/selling-your-vehicle#30085564-damage-disclosure-statement
https://iowadot.gov/mvd/buyingselling/selling-your-vehicle#30085564-damage-disclosure-statement

B1EC799C-44BE-4976-9B0E-BAADC5A6A0A9.png

If it was more than 50% of market value at time of damage would be only other time you would need to disclose, but If I had a vehicle worth $50,000 when it sustained $20,000 damage and it is more than 7 model years old, I don’t have to disclose it.

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does not matter anyways if someone crashes the police might still show up and you will get a report.. anyways cars on the road are 2013+...

how well do you think a Tahoe is up against a civic or accord... yeah the other car everyone is dead..

sport utility vehicles... are more likely to be involved in fatal accidents. Fatal to the people in the other car.

this actually happened a tahoe hit an accord people in the accord were killed and or ejected.. the driver side was physically crushed into the passenger side space and thrown 100-150 feet away the tahoe was going about 60mph when the accord made an unsafe uturn

tahoe was still running and driver and passanger walked away all it needed was a new front clip and rad & support and it was ready to hit the road again..

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
scroll down more where it says :Damage must be disclosed if it exceeds 50 percent of the fair market value of the motor vehicle before it became damaged
Yes. You are correct. As I edited my previous post, if I had a vehicle worth $50000 that sustained $20000 worth of damage when it was worth $50000 and it is now more than 7 years old, Iowa does not require disclosure. Albeit, that is very unlikely to happen. But if the 7 year old vehicle is worth $10000 and sustains $4000 in damage and was fixed without being totaled, which might be a little more likely, still no disclosure requirement.

The point I was trying to make was different states have different laws.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's worth about 20k locally for a 2013 Yukon XL Denali model Value went up as the gas prices are almost under 3$ a gallon (cheapest in town in 3.17 gallon 87)
more then likely you will still get a report as they will try to claim they got hurt... you bet as some scammer tried to claim he and his passenger go hurt at a few mph... I called out his scamming and told him he was on camera and audio recording ...

luckily he did not call my bluff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts