New Mileage Record?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I was shopping for my nnbs I saw a couple here in the san francisco area that had about that many miles on it them they were both 2010+ and both had over 400k on them both were uber vehicles, you guys might not see them over on the east coast that much, but the west coast is much more populated and no rust on anything unless you live right on the beach.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UBER XL, for sure is a possibility. In regards to the climate control buttons, every GM vehicle of this era with the same button design is worn regardless. To see one in such pristine condition either means this vehicle has insanely low miles or the buttons have been replaced.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine how much fuel has gone through that thing? Mine has consumed 10,332 gallons so far in 153K miles.
I was at a gas station years ago and the big fuel tanker truck we all see was filling the underground tanks with fuel. The number of gallons of fuel was marked on the top side of the tanker and was around 10,000 gallons. These trucks can consume tanker loads of fuel.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at a gas station years ago and the big fuel tanker truck we all see was filling the underground tanks with fuel. The number of gallons of fuel was marked on the top side of the tanker and was around 10,000 gallons. These trucks can consume tanker loads of fuel.

Mine went through 1,351 gallons last year and 970 the year before that. Some of that included about 2 acres of corn too.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you keep track of the price you paid per gallon and you’re mileage at fillip?

Yes, that and more. I keep a little notepad in the truck to write down the stuff in the green which is then input into this excel spreadsheet which feeds the other cells for numerous other calculations. Since the engine is FlexFuel, it allows me to see which mixtures provide the best power and cost benefits.

upload_2020-3-10_9-9-14.png

Here's another chart the data feeds into:

upload_2020-3-10_9-13-43.png

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CarFax....... Only as good as what was reported ( as even said in the commercials)...... Not a reliable source.
My Yukon was a life long Texas vehicle. Texas has emission and safety inspections every two years. Carfax showed every inspection with dates and mileage and every title transfer dates and mileage and every city and state the truck was bought and sold in. I would of never bought the truck without this information. Thank You Carfax and thank you Texas for your inspections.

Last edited:

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CarFax....... Only as good as what was reported ( as even said in the commercials)...... Not a reliable source.
Carfax showed every inspection and mileage with dates and the Dealership the truck was originally sold from when new.

Last edited: