Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Imlow78

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean lookin' 05 Z71. I love mine and you will love yours.
Thank you I’ve had it 6 years but family took over. Now single and ready to play I just tonight ordered the HP Tuner for it so I can play with it before all the upgrades to the drivetraine .

A 6.0 or 6.2 liter and 4l80e. Transfer case is up in the air along with the front diff. When done I hope to make 1000-1500hp retaining the ac and all the amenities while looking stock with a single turbo.

Going to need help from this group. I have friends at comp cams, afco, mark williams etc.. but have no idea on this new stuff.

I’m a old stock suspension drag radial racer and that’s kind of how I want to keep the Tahoe. Sleeper as much as possible. Look at doing 5 inch exhaust oval till over the axle to a Single Borla Xr1 or make my own SS muffler dumped behind the passenger tire but tucked up in the quarter panel and cut off where it looks factory.

Being a weldor, fabricator and water jet machinist in the navy nuke industry I have the knowledge and friends to make this happen. But work comes first.

I hate the look of dual exhaust on these trucks

Guys also if I’m looking at the wrong engine and trans combo please let me know. I can do a 6 bolt ls7 dry sump if that’s a better power plant. I’m still trying to learn this new stuff. But trying to do a some what of a plug and play to all the factory electronics. I’m ne to This new stuff. I dint want to spend my money twice and make it built proof. Not ruling out a th400 with a gear vendor od.

I’d rather not do a dry sump of a dd but if I got to? I got to for long jevity.

Shannon.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I went the other way and made it as solid STOCK as I could. I have a build thread in Under Construction and you can see. If I remember right, I am close to 60k less miles and all is working flawlessly with all my upgrades. I am getting ready for a big move from Oregon to Missouri and want the rig to get me there and all around after. I will do more but except for 3 switches I am going to replace, the a/c system and heater cores and actuators are all I have not replaced yet. I may be bragging, but if asked to sell before this future work, and knowing what I have put in it and the condition of it now, I would not sell for less than $35k. Yours is very nice shape for the year and mileage but mine is very special and you can see and get ideas from my build thread. The biggest improvement I made over all I did was the Hellwig sway bars, front and rear.

OP
OP
Imlow78

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the other way and made it as solid STOCK as I could. I have a build thread in Under Construction and you can see. If I remember right, I am close to 60k less miles and all is working flawlessly with all my upgrades. I am getting ready for a big move from Oregon to Missouri and want the rig to get me there and all around after. I will do more but except for 3 switches I am going to replace, the a/c system and heater cores and actuators are all I have not replaced yet. I may be bragging, but if asked to sell before this future work, and knowing what I have put in it and the condition of it now, I would not sell for less than $35k. Yours is very nice shape for the year and mileage but mine is very special and you can see and get ideas from my build thread. The biggest improvement I made over all I did was the Hellwig sway bars, front and rear.
Defiantly a unicorn! Nice build and score. Once I finish the front end rebuild and lowering kit tomorrow I’ll start a build thread.

Shannon

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Thanks for the pics. It is real now.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Defiantly a unicorn! Nice build and score. Once I finish the front end rebuild and lowering kit tomorrow I’ll start a build thread.

Shannon
Take pics of the front end work and start the build thread now.