New member..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is NOT weird at all. But to do so, you need an open space for parking and working on Tahoe, and an indoor space for chatting and drinking. A large commercial garage could be a good choice. So, let's find a sponsor.

Well..

Do any of you guys ever do like a forum meet up (show/discuss/work on Tahoes).. or is that too weird?

Alex

OP
OP
O

OldManOfTheSea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am hoping so. I do not have fog lights but I did upgrade to LED headlights I can share the link
I’m also going to get the headlights buffed out clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot, I am definitely interested in the link. Are you happy with the upgrade?

OldManOfTheSea, Alex,

Based on that NJ Tahoe seller location and the PPV's color, I believe those Tahoes are decommissioned NY State Police Hi-Way patrol vehicles.
The decommission rule of NY State Police Hi-Way patrol vehicle was 3-year service and 150K miles (whichever comes 1st). Since budget issue, now those vehicles have reached to 200K-up miles before auction.
I went to NY State auction by myself, and bought 4 PPVs over the time, two 1996 Chevy Caprice 9C1 LT1, one 1999 and one 2007 Tahoe Z56.
You need put certain amount of money aside as emergency maintenance and cosmetics budge due to hi-mileage vehicle, also you must be mechanically oriented.

When you go to Tahoe PPV dealer, check followings:

Spare tire, jack set, spare tire lock and its (small plastic piece) cover are there; rear passenger doors can be opened from inside; rear windows are operational by pressing buttons on rear doors; NY State Tahoe PPV has dual battery setup, make sure 2 batteries are there; horn works, headlight hi-beam; rear center hi-mount stop light (which is part of wig signal some times); NO open roof top hole; Check the vehicle title: salvage or not; .....

A lot of PPV accessories were coming with the vehicle you purchased, like passenger partition, push bar, trunk organizer, rear light bar, wig signal flasher, ... Now those items are removed from vehicles before auction, and they are sold separately.

The NY State Fleet preventive maintenance schedule and requirement are very managed. You can get a copy of brief maintenance record of the vehicle you purchased from auction through NY State government web site as public info disclosure.

After you purchase Tahoe PPV, please let us know if you want more details.

jz57, thank you for all the info. It will definitely come in handy when I meet with Bob again.

Most push bars delete the tow hooks but Go Rhino's don't. I have the 5160 with the wrap but both that and the 3160B retain the factory tow hooks.

Charlie, thanks for the tip. I will have to look at the Go Rhinos because I want to have a push
bar and tow hooks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

OldManOfTheSea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey!

I hope you guys don't mind if I post a DIC pic.

20191116_165530.jpg

I got it last week for $25. I don't think that is too bad.

Alex

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I’m very happy with the upgrade I have to align my driver side headlight and the adjuster is spun But I’m very happy. Standby for the link

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scot, I am definitely interested in the link. Are you happy with the upgrade?

jz57, thank you for all the info. It will definitely come in handy when I meet with Bob again.

Charlie, thanks for the tip. I will have to look at the Go Rhinos because I want to have a push
bar and tow hooks.

Here is the link man.

https://www.xenonpro.com/chevrolet/2009/tahoe

OP
OP
O

OldManOfTheSea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all!

It's getting close.. I think it may be just about week or so before I pick up my truck. I ordered a near new console for about $350. Final price and pic to come later this week. And I also went ahead and ordered a Range AFM disabler for $189.

Most push bars delete the tow hooks but Go Rhino's don't. I have the 5160 with the wrap but both that and the 3160B retain the factory tow hooks.

Hey Charlie!

What's the difference between the Go Rhino 5160 and 3160B? I think the dimensions are the same and they look the same. But the 5160 is $80 more. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Alex

ATLPPV

Reaction score
They both are the same contour that closely follows the body lines but 3160B has holes drilled in the side of the middle section and the 5160 is solid. They say that makes the 5160 stronger but I doubt it does much if anything in the real world.

I will say if you center section only I think the 3160B looks a little nicer and more unique than other bars. On both you can use the wraps that cover the headlights like mine, but the holes in the 3160B would be covered by the wrap.
3160B:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/data/attachments/20/20779-76afa9e0f3ee1fb375eeaf0a31e92afe.jpg

5160 with wrap:
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-vps...63864__61156__96605__69559.1545995328.jpg?c=2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu