New member..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OldManOfTheSea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey!

Thank you for the info about the console.. I will have to see if it is still available.

Also, no word from the Tahoe guy (Bob) over the weekend.. So I called today and and got his voicemail. I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully we will be able to make a deal. I haven't seen any reviews for him online even though he has a youtube channel and sells a lot of former government vehicles in North Jersey. He was a very nice guy when we met and he spent almost 2 hours explaining everything to me and letting me test drive his Tahoes and Suburbans. I'm hoping everything will go well.

I will post another update when I get some news.. until then, I'll enjoy reading through the forums here (there is so much good stuff).

Alex

Last edited:

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex I bought my 09ppv from Bob. Great guy stands behind his sale. He took mine back and took care of a few lights and sensors for me His only downfall is he is a very busy man and hard to get a hold of. Be patient and stay consistent aad6c68c7dfb52d7ec30f6bb02320521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

OldManOfTheSea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well..

The console is no longer available.. the guy sold it to someone the other day. It was a great deal at $150. But the good news is I was able to score a DIC. I got the control module and full trim piece for $25. I don't think that is too bad.

Scot, that is a sharp looking truck you have there. Looks just like the one I want to get from Bob. But I'm on the fence about whether to get the push bar or not. How are you liking what he was able to get for you? Any pros or cons? And you were right.. he is a very busy guy. I was finally able to get in touch with him and we are going to try to meet up later this week.

Do any of you guys ever do like a forum meet up (show/discuss/work on Tahoes).. or is that too weird?

Alex

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am totally liking what he was able to do for me. I was thinking about the bar just to add a white LED light bar. I’m in Monmouth county and it gets dark on the p way and my neighborhood when I have to work late. He is a amazing guy. He took my truck for the weekend. Gave me his and took care of TPMS, airbag light, a hell of a wind noise from my passenger side door and the rear blower motor went bad. I Would do business with him again and again
I think I’m going to mount the led light bar behind the grill so it’s a little stealth.

OP
OP
O

OldManOfTheSea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey!

Scot, good to know that Bob was a stand up guy for you. Do you think the led light bar will be as efficient behind the grill? Also, does your truck have fog lights? I'm leaning towards getting the push bar myself.. I've hit too many deer and even a bear up here in North Jersey.

Jz57, the NJ Tahoe guy doesn't have a website. His name is Bob and he has a Youtube page and posts some of his trucks on Craigslist. Check out the links:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsT8PtAE_v5rIp02grMhrhA/videos
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/paramus-2012-tahoe-super-fast-police/7001926899.html

Alex

Last edited:

Sofi09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping so. I do not have fog lights but I did upgrade to LED headlights I can share the link
I’m also going to get the headlights buffed out clear

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OldManOfTheSea, Alex,

Based on that NJ Tahoe seller location and the PPV's color, I believe those Tahoes are decommissioned NY State Police Hi-Way patrol vehicles.
The decommission rule of NY State Police Hi-Way patrol vehicle was 3-year service and 150K miles (whichever comes 1st). Since budget issue, now those vehicles have reached to 200K-up miles before auction.
I went to NY State auction by myself, and bought 4 PPVs over the time, two 1996 Chevy Caprice 9C1 LT1, one 1999 and one 2007 Tahoe Z56.
You need put certain amount of money aside as emergency maintenance and cosmetics budge due to hi-mileage vehicle, also you must be mechanically oriented.

When you go to Tahoe PPV dealer, check followings:

Spare tire, jack set, spare tire lock and its (small plastic piece) cover are there; rear passenger doors can be opened from inside; rear windows are operational by pressing buttons on rear doors; NY State Tahoe PPV has dual battery setup, make sure 2 batteries are there; horn works, headlight hi-beam; rear center hi-mount stop light (which is part of wig signal some times); NO open roof top hole; Check the vehicle title: salvage or not; .....

A lot of PPV accessories were coming with the vehicle you purchased, like passenger partition, push bar, trunk organizer, rear light bar, wig signal flasher, ... Now those items are removed from vehicles before auction, and they are sold separately.

The NY State Fleet preventive maintenance schedule and requirement are very managed. You can get a copy of brief maintenance record of the vehicle you purchased from auction through NY State government web site as public info disclosure.

After you purchase Tahoe PPV, please let us know if you want more details.

Last edited:

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex,

Between push bar and tow hook, you only can choose one. Without push bar, you may install a pair of tow hooks.

Hey!

... Do you think the led light bar will be as efficient behind the grill? Also, does your truck have fog lights? I'm leaning towards getting the push bar myself.. I've hit too many deer and even a bear up here in North Jersey.

Alex

ATLPPV

Reaction score
Alex,

Between push bar and tow hook, you only can choose one. Without push bar, you may install a pair of tow hooks.

Most push bars delete the tow hooks but Go Rhino's don't. I have the 5160 with the wrap but both that and the 3160B retain the factory tow hooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT