NEW member/Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgreen40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm happy I found this informative forum. I have an 08 Tahoe LT1 and have been having electric issues with a lot of different symptoms. I noticed last night that the BCM fuse has been removed. I'm going to install the fuse and check that the BCM is connected. I originally thought that the Active fuel management system was the major issue but maybe not. I received the Tahoe back from a "mechanic who was supposed to replace the engine but instead tore down the cylinder head on the passenger side 4 times. He stated he couldn't fix the problem. The Tahoe lost power and went into limp mode about a year ago. There was a tapping noise on the passenger side engine immediately after the vehicle stalling after going into limp mode. The " mechanic " diagnosed it as needing a new engine. So I got the vehicle back with it being in worse shape. Symptoms:
No power on acceleration
Huge battery drain
AC not working
Headlights not working
Windshield wipers going crazy
Blinkers going on without turning on
And various other things. I'm going to check BCM connection, replace the fuse, check other fuses and then check the cables to the battery. I'm not sure they are all hooked up to where they should be. Does anyone have a diagram of where the battery cables hook up to the systems and how? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Florida! Sorry to hear about these issues. You're going to want to subscribe to the shop manual and wiring diagrams at AllDataDIY. If you are going to start solving these problems yourself, a Tech-2 is necessary to quickly find the source of problems and then decide whether to fix the issues yourself or farm it out.

Have you used any kind of code reader to pull trouble codes?

OP
OP
S

Sgreen40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Florida! Sorry to hear about these issues. You're going to want to subscribe to the shop manual and wiring diagrams at AllDataDIY. If you are going to start solving these problems yourself, a Tech-2 is necessary to quickly find the source of problems and then decide whether to fix the issues yourself or farm it out.

Have you used any kind of code reader to pull trouble codes?
Thank you swathdiver for the information! The mechanic stole my cen tech code reader and I haven't been able to replace it yet. Long story...last time I had it I received misfire code on cylinder 5, I think I also had a lean code. The stabilitrak, service ABS and service battery charging dummy lights are on now and were before he touched it. At one point the Tahoe almost didn't make it up a hill on my way home. It would barely go with the accelerator pressed down. I've replaced the coil on cylinder 5, new wires and new AC Delco double platinum spark plugs gapped to 0.40. I'm trying to find a procedure for pulling codes using the DIC or paperclip method. But I'm going to go replace the BCM fuse first.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons