New member intro!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Based on the condition of the truck when I got it, I can probably guess the type of driver that came before me.

You can definitely tell she was not babied but at the same time not abused. I did have to flush out the radiator because it had green coolant and filled it back up with Dexcool. I do plan on doing a major tune up in her so she can be my daily driver for at least the next three years or more.
It is your call of course but IMO, do not use cheap generic parts for this upgrade of the rig. You said will be a daily driver for 3 years or more. I recommend, and so do other members, use good quality parts and preferably GM parts.

You will need to know if is a gas or flex fuel engine. 8th VIN digit, Z=Flex fuel and T=gas.

OP
OP
Lnstrqc85

Lnstrqc85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is your call of course but IMO, do not use cheap generic parts for this upgrade of the rig. You said will be a daily driver for 3 years or more. I recommend, and so do other members, use good quality parts and preferably GM parts.

You will need to know if is a gas or flex fuel engine. 8th VIN digit, Z=Flex fuel and T=gas.
Yes sir. I looked it up and it’s the L59 engine code. Flex fuel.

I do plan on using mostly GM Genuine brand and ACDelco. It’s a shame that some Delco parts are made in China tho.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, it is what it is and as the rigs get older it is harder and harder to find Genuine GM parts. I wanted a new master cylinder for my 05 Z71. I looked and looked and could not find Genuine GM and had to settle for AC Delco Gold/Professional.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings from Texas! Long time GM driver. Owned/own everything from a 71 Chevelle, 87 square body, mid 90s-early 00s f-bodies, to a couple of GMT800 pickups.

Went astray for a few years with a couple of Fords. . But now I’m finally back into a GM!

Picked up an 02 Tahoe Z71 with 191k on the clock. Some cosmetic flaws and the infamous rear main seal leak along with the ABS lights but she cranks right up and AC making snow! To say I love these GMT800 is an understatement!

She’s going to be my daily grinder as I drive a lot each day for work (appx. 2k miles per month). Looking forward to communications with the forum as I take on the journey to get her daily driver ready!
Welcome! Is this the only 800 left in your stable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094