New member intro!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lnstrqc85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings from Texas! Long time GM driver. Owned/own everything from a 71 Chevelle, 87 square body, mid 90s-early 00s f-bodies, to a couple of GMT800 pickups.

Went astray for a few years with a couple of Fords. . But now I’m finally back into a GM!

Picked up an 02 Tahoe Z71 with 191k on the clock. Some cosmetic flaws and the infamous rear main seal leak along with the ABS lights but she cranks right up and AC making snow! To say I love these GMT800 is an understatement!

She’s going to be my daily grinder as I drive a lot each day for work (appx. 2k miles per month). Looking forward to communications with the forum as I take on the journey to get her daily driver ready!

Attachments

• 2686D17D-269F-4189-8B98-2BDC0DA1F2F1.jpeg
    2686D17D-269F-4189-8B98-2BDC0DA1F2F1.jpeg
    474.1 KB · Views: 3

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!

OP
OP
Lnstrqc85

Lnstrqc85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome. How's the interior in it? Everything holding up?
I’d say the interior is an 8/10. Sagging sunroof shade, broken rear radio control panel. I was very surprised that the dash is like new!

Aux outlets need to be replaced and driver chair has the usual rip on the outside. Other than that, she’s very solid!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Per chance, was there any records that came with it. You are gonna love that Z71, I love mine.

OP
OP
Lnstrqc85

Lnstrqc85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Per chance, was there any records that came with it. You are gonna love that Z71, I love mine.
I’m not sure what records you are referring to? And yes, I love it! I had a 2002 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L and a 2004 Sierra Ext Cab in the past. Being back in one of these makes me feel right at home.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I’m not sure what records you are referring to? And yes, I love it! I had a 2002 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L and a 2004 Sierra Ext Cab in the past. Being back in one of these makes me feel right at home.
I am talking about the repair/maintenance records from the previous owner(s).

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

OP
OP
Lnstrqc85

Lnstrqc85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am talking about the repair/maintenance records from the previous owner(s).
Unfortunately no. Based on the condition of the truck when I got it, I can probably guess the type of driver that came before me.

You can definitely tell she was not babied but at the same time not abused. I did have to flush out the radiator because it had green coolant and filled it back up with Dexcool. I do plan on doing a major tune up in her so she can be my daily driver for at least the next three years or more.

OP
OP
Lnstrqc85

Lnstrqc85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Based on the condition of the truck when I got it, I can probably guess the type of driver that came before me.

You can definitely tell she was not babied but at the same time not abused. I did have to flush out the radiator because it had green coolant and filled it back up with Dexcool. I do plan on doing a major tune up on her so she can be my daily driver for at least the next three years or more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9