New member here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lindsey M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Lindsey, I am a widow and a single mom (now) of a 9 year old son. I have a 2011 Tahoe LT. I purchased it used a month before my husband passed away 7 years ago. I have always worked on our vehicles with my husband, as he really took me seriously when I told him that something was not right and he would diagnose the problem and fix it, however since he has passed away and with me living in a small town (everyone knows me), I get the run around on my vehicle. I guess I look like a dollar sign walking into a garage and an opportunity for some to take advantage of that. Even my own father and brother tell me I am paranoid and I do not know what I am talking about. My husband was very patient and educated me a lot with vehicles, so I do recognize common issues and what it could be. I am hoping to get on here and ask for help, as I am going to start doing my own repairs as much as possible. I already change my own oil, might as well do the rest.
Hope you all will be patient with me when I ask questions. I am really not that "dumb" when it comes to some things with a vehicle, just need that extra advice for a boost in confidence.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Lindsey, I am a widow and a single mom (now) of a 9 year old son. I have a 2011 Tahoe LT. I purchased it used a month before my husband passed away 7 years ago. I have always worked on our vehicles with my husband, as he really took me seriously when I told him that something was not right and he would diagnose the problem and fix it, however since he has passed away and with me living in a small town (everyone knows me), I get the run around on my vehicle. I guess I look like a dollar sign walking into a garage and an opportunity for some to take advantage of that. Even my own father and brother tell me I am paranoid and I do not know what I am talking about. My husband was very patient and educated me a lot with vehicles, so I do recognize common issues and what it could be. I am hoping to get on here and ask for help, as I am going to start doing my own repairs as much as possible. I already change my own oil, might as well do the rest.
Hope you all will be patient with me when I ask questions. I am really not that "dumb" when it comes to some things with a vehicle, just need that extra advice for a boost in confidence.

Welcome! You'll find out soon that you've found the right forum. This isn't 4chan!

Whatever questions you have, there's a subforum for it. You can start here:

2007 - 2014 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade Models

We have an off-topic section, too. Also, we like pics :)

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC Lindsey!

Sorry for your loss. You might want to put your location in so in case you need a good honest independent mechanic maybe someone here [in your neck of the woods] can recommend someone. Your best bet is to post that in the 07-14 section that iamdub recommended.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.