New member here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alliam79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

New member here, we just picked up a great deal on a 2008 Yukon SLT LT 1500 with 126k from an original owner and zero rust (We live in Wisconsin).

I absolutely love this truck for what our family needs and will be making a few modifications soon with more planned in the future (possibly). I am not a stranger to projects and modifications but I am new to GMC. I have been a Toyota guy most of my life but they do not have what I need right now which is a big enough SUV for towing, and family comfort.

Short list is going to be replacing the radio which is a non-Bose unit with something that has Bluetooth and adding a rear view camera. This is where it gets fun for me because I am extremely picky and not afraid to do things myself. I want an OEM look mostly, for the camera. I have removed the liftgate panel and found that nothing is prewired (something I was use to with Toyota).

What is a good resource for wiring harness diagrams with part numbers?

I've taken stock vehicles before and added such things as auto AC, power folding mirrors, and auto dimming mirrors, all OEM and unnoticeable from an untrained eye. That is my OCD haha.

I look forward to talking to and learning from this forum!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Please ask any questions you have in the 2007-2014 section. Thank you!

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

New member here, we just picked up a great deal on a 2008 Yukon SLT LT 1500 with 126k from an original owner and zero rust (We live in Wisconsin).

I absolutely love this truck for what our family needs and will be making a few modifications soon with more planned in the future (possibly). I am not a stranger to projects and modifications but I am new to GMC. I have been a Toyota guy most of my life but they do not have what I need right now which is a big enough SUV for towing, and family comfort.

Short list is going to be replacing the radio which is a non-Bose unit with something that has Bluetooth and adding a rear view camera. This is where it gets fun for me because I am extremely picky and not afraid to do things myself. I want an OEM look mostly, for the camera. I have removed the liftgate panel and found that nothing is prewired (something I was use to with Toyota).

I've taken stock vehicles before and added such things as auto AC, power folding mirrors, and auto dimming mirrors, all OEM and unnoticeable from an untrained eye. That is my OCD haha.

Welcome from Georgia, good selection on your new ride.......mods are wide open.

Attachments

• drivers side.jpg
    drivers side.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 3

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings everyone!

Welcome and post up some photos when you can. AllDataDIY offers an online subscription to the shop manual. There are also sellers on Ebay who will sell you a CD or download as well.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

As @swathdiver stated above, a subscription to AllDataDYI (~$40 per year) will provide you with all of the information that you will ever need for your truck. I recently used AllDataDYI to review the wiring diagrams for the Z55 electric/air suspension on my truck, as I had to replace wires and connectors that were cut off by the previous owner.

You should also strongly consider purchasing a Chinese knock-off (~$350) of the GM Tech 2, as this sophisticated scan/data logging/programming tool is essential, if you want to stay away from dealers for troubleshooting and related repairs to your truck. It will more than pay for itself on the first occasion that you use it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't mind a fee increase but it doubled from $29.95 to $59.95. To me, that is excessive. Before I would reup with them, I asked for a sample of what made it that much better and worth that increase. They said they would send me a link but they never did and I asked again and got the same promise and never got the link. This was while my current membership was still active. Left a sour taste in my mouth over that. It might well be worth the increased cost but 2 broken promises makes me back away. Being retired from running and working in shops after 35 years still allows me to reach out to friends and get the info I need, when I do need it. I would have preferred to stay with AllDatadiy but was not to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt