New member from West Sacramento

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon 6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im new to this so bear with me I hope I'm not writing on the right page I have a 2004 GNC Yukon all-wheel-drive what is coming over an overpass after I got off of work Alcorn about 25 it just locked up and I skidded to a stop well I thought somebody hit me I should say IHOP to a stop I was sitting there stuck in the overpass so I put it in drive to see if it would go at all I can hear is a loud pop so after that I was able to limp it about a block away to a hotel parking lot had it towed from there to my nephew's find out the gears in the front differential Oregon I was wondering what would cause this every once in awhile the red neutral light would come on the neutral light for towing would come on but it would drive fine just before this happened it went into limp mode a couple times sunnyway got to rebuilt front differential put it in much better and Tighter feeling but now it wants to just stay in limp mode OBD2 codes installing AR 740, 753, 758, 785, 27611 all P codes and when I start it up sometimes. Red neutral light comes on instead the yellow all-wheel-drive light the front transfer case output seal has a leak in it but the fluid is like you keep it. I wonder if this has anything to do with it so those codes are a torque converter clutch enable solenoid circuit, 1 2 shift solenoid circuit, 2-3 shift solenoid circuit and the other one is a 2761 something to do with the torque converter clutch anyway I was just wondering if anybody had any idea where to start troubleshooting at I got power going through that transmission fuse which Powers all those solenoids I'm just wondering since it would be very rare that they would all go out at once but I haven't checked at the tranny 4 power and I'm am I in the right sequence at troubleshooting this or do I need I need somebody's advice on how to troubleshoot it if possible thank you in advance

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, first off, welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Secondly, you might want to go back and re-read your post and use the edit feature to clean it up a little bit as it is rather hard to follow.

If I get the gest of it, you shelled out your front differential driving home, got it rebuilt but it is leaking some fluid still. The vehicle is now giving you some codes related to your transmission and you’re wondering what to do. Did I cover everything?

Hey @PNW VietVet, got a possible candidate for you.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum.

Lots of great folks here who are both knowledgeable and willing to share their experiences and perspectives.

OP
OP
Y

Yukon 6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, first off, welcome to the forum from Iowa.

Secondly, you might want to go back and re-read your post and use the edit feature to clean it up a little bit as it is rather hard to follow.

If I get the gest of it, you shelled out your front differential driving home, got it rebuilt but it is leaking some fluid still. The vehicle is now giving you some codes related to your transmission and you’re wondering what to do. Did I cover everything?

Hey @PNW VietVet, got a possible candidate for you.
I apologize I was using voice typing and didn't proofread it yes the front end froze up had it towed bought a rebuilt differential put it in Everything feels way tighter but it's in limp mode there is a leak in the transfer case front seal and sometimes the red neutral light for towing comes on but it seems to drive okay besides being in limp mode

OP
OP
Y

Yukon 6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im new to this so bear with me I hope I'm not writing on the right page I have a 2004 GNC Yukon all-wheel-drive what is coming over an overpass after I got off of work Alcorn about 25 it just locked up and I skidded to a stop well I thought somebody hit me I should say IHOP to a stop I was sitting there stuck in the overpass so I put it in drive to see if it would go at all I can hear is a loud pop so after that I was able to limp it about a block away to a hotel parking lot had it towed from there to my nephew's find out the gears in the front differential Oregon I was wondering what would cause this every once in awhile the red neutral light would come on the neutral light for towing would come on but it would drive fine just before this happened it went into limp mode a couple times sunnyway got to rebuilt front differential put it in much better and Tighter feeling but now it wants to just stay in limp mode OBD2 codes installing AR 740, 753, 758, 785, 27611 all P codes and when I start it up sometimes. Red neutral light comes on instead the yellow all-wheel-drive light the front transfer case output seal has a leak in it but the fluid is like you keep it. I wonder if this has anything to do with it so those codes are a torque converter clutch enable solenoid circuit, 1 2 shift solenoid circuit, 2-3 shift solenoid circuit and the other one is a 2761 something to do with the torque converter clutch anyway I was just wondering if anybody had any idea where to start troubleshooting at I got power going through that transmission fuse which Powers all those solenoids I'm just wondering since it would be very rare that they would all go out at once but I haven't checked at the tranny 4 power and I'm am I in the right sequence at troubleshooting this or do I need I need somebody's advice on how to troubleshoot it if possible thank you in advance

OP
OP
Y

Yukon 6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention it will not go into 4 Low nor can I turn the traction control on or the stable Trac and I'm assuming because maybe because that's in limp mode

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention it will not go into 4 Low nor can I turn the traction control on or the stable Trac and I'm assuming because maybe because that's in limp mode
Sounds like a transfer case that is having issues. Have you checked the fluid level? Can you find someone with a Tech 2 to see if you can see what’s going on?

OP
OP
Y

Yukon 6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds like a transfer case that is having issues. Have you checked the fluid level? Can you find someone with a Tech 2 to see if you can see what’s going on?
Thanks for getting back to me I'll have to see if I can find someone with one but I'm just wondering when that thing locked up I was going like 25 miles an hour and if it didn't do something in the transfer case my nephew's neighborhoods of transmission shop I'm sure he's got a Tech 2 is that so he can see what's going on in real time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33