New Member from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

ccole

Reaction score
I absolutely do have some OCD issues, but they're never directed where it matters. I'll rarely wash my Tahoe, but I want my sound system on point. I also have a tendency to do a lot of things with my own spin on it cuz almost everything, including the mods, can be improved, right? This often makes projects drag out for-effin-ever.

Anyway, I wanted to keep the Bose sub active and just tap into the line levels to feed the amps that will be powering the door speakers and a single sub.
It’s important to me to have pride in my workmanship. The factory signal is clean from 20Hz to 20 kHz at full volume. I don’t understand why people use the “sound restorers” or LOC’s on these vehicles. Literally cut a single RCA in half and solder in. Don’t get easier, cheaper, or better. I’ll shoot a photo of the scope when I’m replacing the spliced RCA with AQ king cobras this weekend.
I noticed you’re from the dirty dirty. We’re abouts? I lived in Gonzales and St. Gabrielle while attending LSU. Geaux Tigers et Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s important to me to have pride in my workmanship. The factory signal is clean from 20Hz to 20 kHz at full volume. I don’t understand why people use the “sound restorers” or LOC’s on these vehicles. Literally cut a single RCA in half and solder in. Don’t get easier, cheaper, or better. I’ll shoot a photo of the scope when I’m replacing the spliced RCA with AQ king cobras this weekend.
I noticed you’re from the dirty dirty. We’re abouts? I lived in Gonzales and St. Gabrielle while attending LSU. Geaux Tigers et Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!

Indeed! I took another job at a $10K/year loss when my boss told me I didn't "have to do my job that well". Of course, there were plenty of other reasons, but that convo was the straw. I was the one doing the warranty work for the other techs' cut corners in their attempt to be faster. That wasn't happening with my installs. I'm a "one-and-done-with-a-happy-and-faithful-customer" type.

I've read that the signal is clean, pre-Bose and soldering RCAs onto those factory wires under the console are exactly my plans! You're gonna cut up some King Cobras?! o_O How sizeable thou ťestes are!

I'm in the cleaner of the dirty dirty! I live in a cane field in WBR, near False River and about three miles from State Capitol Raceway. I really like my spot here. It's when I venture on and around I-10 that I'm aching to get da hell outta Louisiana. I also fly a 'Tide flag on my house. Yeah- it's safe enough here that I can do that with no threats from the neighbors. I can't say "Geaux Tigers", but LSU is a great school, nonetheless. :p I've lived in Gonzales and Prairieville and have done many jobs in those areas and all surrounding. A lot of quaint marsh properties out that way.

Last edited:

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking hoe! Ive still got to do the Big three and install the stereo from my 04 Tahoe i had previously.

Shannon

OP
OP
C

ccole

Reaction score
Indeed! I took another job at a $10K/year loss when my boss told me I didn't "have to do my job that well". Of course, there were plenty of other reasons, but that convo was the straw. I was the one doing the warranty work for the other techs' cut corners in their attempt to be faster. That wasn't happening with my installs. I'm a "one-and-done-with-a-happy-and-faithful-customer" type.

I've read that the signal is clean, pre-Bose and soldering RCAs onto those factory wires under the console are exactly my plans! You're gonna cut up some King Cobras?! o_O How sizeable thou ****** are!

I'm in the cleaner of the dirty dirty! I live in a cane field in WBR, near False River and about three miles from State Capitol Raceway. I really like my spot here. It's when I venture on and around I-10 that I'm aching to get da hell outta Louisiana. I also fly a 'Tide flag on my house. Yeah- it's safe enough here that I can do that with no threats from the neighbors. I can't say "Geaux Tigers", but LSU is a great school, nonetheless. :p I've lived in Gonzales and Prairieville and have done many jobs in those areas and all surrounding. A lot of quaint marsh properties out that way.
Small world. I had quite a few good times in that neck of the woods. I moved to Texas about a month before Katrina. This summer we stayed in BR on our way to and from Orlando. I barely recognized the place.
To be honest I’m cutting the AQ because I have a single cable. I’d find a better use if I had a pair. I didn’t find the time over the weekend but I’ll post pics as soon as I do.

OP
OP
C

ccole

Reaction score
Duuuude! You've done a lot of what I have planned for mine. I'm not doing a sound system anywhere nearly as extravagant, but I want my amps like you have yours. I especially am interested in those higher rate struts, your sound deadening/insulation methods (materials, locations and style) and the circuits you tapped to break out the full range signals before the Bose amp. I had a schematic saved on my old laptop but lost it a while back. I'm sure your '07 will be similar to my '08 in this regard.

I recently made a Big 3 setup (actually Big 4, about to be Big 5) and the cables look just the same as yours. I used 1/0 welding lead, soldered and crimped marine lugs, adhesive-lined heat shrink tubing and mesh sleeve left over from a project at work.

What part of southern TX?

Sub'ed for details and updates!

Here’s the link for the higher rate(300 vs 280 factory) lift supports. The connecting ends shown in the website photos are not the plastic ones pictured. They are a much better design and fully metal. Just an FYI the tech support people at this company were great. I only mention because those seem to be harder and harder to find.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here’s the link for the higher rate(300 vs 280 factory) lift supports. The connecting ends shown in the website photos are not the plastic ones pictured. They are a much better design and fully metal. Just an FYI the tech support people at this company were great. I only mention because those seem to be harder and harder to find.

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14