New Member from Illinois 2011 Yukon Denali, love it but where is the power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe find another one for sale locally and test drive it to see, nobody says you have to buy it.
only thing that comes to mind if the engine seems solid is maybe some kind of torque converter issue, a trans flush would probably reveal something if so but I am just speculating.
you could go by a reputable transmission shop and ask them to test drive it and see what they think

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

I will suggest to you you that you should troubleshoot motor and supporting systems with a bi-directional scanner, such as a Tech 2, to look for existing issues, before considering any aftermarket options, such as a tune. The 6.2 is a hot motor, capable of running zero to sixty in under 7 seconds with these tucks, when everything is running correctly.

AmunRoo

Reaction score
Did you happen to run a VIN check before your purchase? I've been looking to upgrade my fleet with an escalade and have noticed that a lot of people are turning back odometers. This is in Chicago by the way. I would try an confirm that your mileage is accurate. From there, i'd have an exhaust shop take a look at the CATs. i've seen cars with clogged CATs with less miles. Hope you figure it out and welcome!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first E85 vehicle. I just assumed E85 would be worse for my engine. Is that not really the case? I am contemplating throwing a couple gallons of racing fuel in with the next fill up, just to peak the octane at around 93.
E85 is like cheap race gas, the engine's love the stuff as they were designed to run on it.

Every time we fill up a FlexFuel vehicle with virtual content sensors the computer begins to calculate the alcohol content and this takes about 7 miles and often more to zero in. 2 gallons of fuel may not trigger a fueling event but 3 or more should.

If you buy an ODBII adapter and download the Torque Pro App or something similar on your phone, you can set it up to read the alcohol content and view other engine parameters.

After about 100K miles or so, the O2 sensors get lazy and do not calculate the alochol content accurately anymore, even though they otherwise operate correctly and do not throw codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26