New Member -Alabama/2011 Tahoe/Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gearz

Reaction score
Nice Tahoe I almost bought a 2011 Z71 but found a 2011 LTZ. I have not encountered that problem but power and grounds are a great place to start. I haven’t seen ignition switches go bad on these but the older gen did and gave a lot of phantom electrical issues.

OP
OP
R

RVTSP21K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does it happen only over bumps? I had this same issue and found the fix on this forum. There is a ground on the driver side corner dash at the bottom on the windshield that needs the foam cut away from the connection.
Nah, it's intermittent although it seems like it happens more when turning. I am going to address it when I get home. Out of the CONUS until Friday. It'll go several days without happening and then it will do it two or three times in a 10 mile round trip. It's very odd.

davidavidd

Reaction score
Hi, here's a little checklist:

1. Check your battery status
2. Remove, inspect and clean your mega-fuse
3. Check your battery cables looking for internal corrosion
4. Remove, inspect and clean your main grounds
5. The circuits you mention depend on a ground connection that joins the block and the chassis directly above the steering column, jump this ground with a good copper wire and see if your problems are solved.
6. Check your BCM harness: unclip the BCM (driver side above the pedals) and wiggle the harness looking for loose wires or bad connections.
7. Disconnect any new accessories you have added because these symptoms also occur when the CAN network go down.

If this checklist does not solve it, test module by module and use a scanner for a more in-depth diagnosis.

Good luck w/ your truck and excuse my bad english.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, here's a little checklist:

1. Check your battery status
2. Remove, inspect and clean your mega-fuse
3. Check your battery cables looking for internal corrosion
4. Remove, inspect and clean your main grounds
5. The circuits you mention depend on a ground connection that joins the block and the chassis directly above the steering column, jump this ground with a good copper wire and see if your problems are solved.
6. Check your BCM harness: unclip the BCM (driver side above the pedals) and wiggle the harness looking for loose wires or bad connections.
7. Disconnect any new accessories you have added because these symptoms also occur when the CAN network go down.

If this checklist does not solve it, test module by module and use a scanner for a more in-depth diagnosis.

Good luck w/ your truck and excuse my bad english.
Your English is perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442