New member 2003 Z71 with brake issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrummerDude70

Reaction score
Welcome! You've come to a place with great members and knowledge! Hopefully you'll find an answer.

You said you bled your brakes old school, which to me, nothing wrong there. I upgraded my '02 brakes to '07s and stainless lines. When I bled them, I found a thread on how to build a power bleeder, and worked great. You can literally bleed them yourself, just need someone to grab the occasional beer for you! That being said, that same thread was very informative on how to not bleed them, as it is very easy to introduce air into the ABS, and that it takes a trip to the dealer (sic), or a mech at the least, to completely purge the system. The panic stops in gravel seem to help on certain occasions, but is a complicated set up and fix. There should be no reason that your brakes shouldn't work as needed. Scary brakes are no good, to be certain. Best of luck!

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002's brakes got much better after a series of on-purpose ABS engagements. I first replaced the pads with AC Delco, all the soft lines (hard lines are fine in mine), and flushed all the fluid. But still soft and not great. I emptied out the truck of all my hunting stuff and did 5 ABS engagements. Started noticing improvement. Flushed my lines again, found some air. Now it's as good as I suspect I'll get it. If I towed more than a motorcycle trailer, I'd do the brake upgrade. If I find myself bored I'll do the swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep