New Lifter Club Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shrubs2K2

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soooo. GMC customer care will only offer me "GM Rewards" points for my troubles. They will only do what is in the TSB and since I was 1900 miles over the 8000 miles for both banks, they will only replace the one side. I declined the rewards points because, from my perspective completely useless in ensuring I have a vehicle I can trust.

Makes little sense... 7999 miles both banks and 8001 only one bank

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soooo. GMC customer care will only offer me "GM Rewards" points for my troubles. They will only do what is in the TSB and since I was 1900 miles over the 8000 miles for both banks, they will only replace the one side. I declined the rewards points because, from my perspective completely useless in ensuring I have a vehicle I can trust.

Not what you want to hear but they have to draw a line somewhere…if it’s 9000 miles, someone with 9001 miles will be excluded, 10000 miles, someone with 10001 will be excluded, etc. I think they should remove the mile constraint period and issue a recall for all our vehicles, both banks.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score

EXACT same experience with GMC Corporate. I demanded an extended warranty and they said they only will give me points. I’ve escalated to “the supervisor” and after that will consult my legal counsel on retainer. This is ABSOLUTE and UTTER bull$h1t to try and brush my complete engine failure on my brand new vehicle as a problem they can make go away with “rewards points.”

OP
OP
Shrubs2K2

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While it's been a while, I am finalizing a draft of a letter to GM corporate to address the quality issue, GM Customer Care, and the customer service at the serving dealer.

killjoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Shrubs2K2 - Any chance you have a link to the latest TSB that references the 8k miles for 1 vs both banks? Looks like I joined the club tonight. '21 AT4 5.3 w/ late 2020 build date. 3k miles.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shrubs2K2 - Any chance you have a link to the latest TSB that references the 8k miles for 1 vs both banks? Looks like I joined the club tonight. '21 AT4 5.3 w/ late 2020 build date. 3k miles.
The TSB is PIP5776E. I could not find the text online. Your dealer will know pretty quickly what is going on and will know to replace all 16 lifters. If he is fuzzy about that, insist he look up the TSB and understand GM's guidance that he needs to replace all 16.

OP
OP
Shrubs2K2

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TSB is PIP5776E. I could not find the text online. Your dealer will know pretty quickly what is going on and will know to replace all 16 lifters. If he is fuzzy about that, insist he look up the TSB and understand GM's guidance that he needs to replace all 16.
They used TSB is PIP5776F and only did the right bank

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They used TSB is PIP5776F and only did the right bank
So I guess the F version is where they stipulated to do 1 bank only if the ODO is over 8K? Did they give you the text of that version?

In any case, looks like @killjoy should get all 16 done as he has only 3K.

DaveDonovan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m joining your club. 2021 Yukon AT4, 12K miles , purchased 12/30/2020. One bank is currently being replaced.

and you can check out nhsta.gov to find all the TSB/ PIPs.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m joining your club. 2021 Yukon AT4, 12K miles , purchased 12/30/2020. One bank is currently being replaced.

and you can check out nhsta.gov to find all the TSB/ PIPs.
Sorry to hear that you’re part of this club. :)

Unfortunately from seeing the other posts, you’ll probably be back at the dealer in less than a month to have the other side done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442