New L31HD in 1999 Tahoe Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hank89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After waiting about 5 months, gmperformanceparts.com finally received some new L31s. I got the L31 HD as the L31 was not in stock, which I hope will work for my 99 Tahoe. This is the motor I received yesterday. It was a bit more than I hoped to pay as prices have gone up quite a bit, but I am excited to get going. I have never put an engine in a vehicle before. I would like to build something reliable that I can take anywhere and not worry about breaking down and gets gas mileage as good as the original. I plan to replace as many parts as I kind find, new intake manifold, best intake gaskets, best injection system, etc.

L31 HD.jpg

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19432779.html

Questions:
1. Does this forum have a parts list sticky? or does anyone know of a link to the parts for this motor? LIke waterpump, intake, distributor, etc.
2. Does anyone know of a link with photos or a video of how to Install all the components and the motor?
3. I need a new transmission. I don't believe they make new 4L60E transmissions? Who would you recommend I get the tranmission from?

Thanks!
Hank.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Email GM Performance and describe your parts difficulty after purchase is one way to attempt to answer your unsorted questions. Might want to find out what "tone ring" and CPS in your new engine.
This Forum is small compared to others, (GMT400). Paging thru engine will turn up alot, even google is good using TYF as site.
Fel pro gaskets Try Rockauto for parts. United Distributorworks good..Must use delco/delphi or United DCR-820X Cap only. CPS/Coil/ Ign module/ knock sensor GM/Delco/Delphi only.

Might want to look at Marine Intake manifold.

OP
OP
H

hank89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Email GM Performance and describe your parts difficulty after purchase is one way to attempt to answer your unsorted questions. Might want to find out what "tone ring" and CPS in your new engine.
This Forum is small compared to others, (GMT400). Paging thru engine will turn up alot, even google is good using TYF as site.
Fel pro gaskets Try Rockauto for parts. United Distributorworks good..Must use delco/delphi or United DCR-820X Cap only. CPS/Coil/ Ign module/ knock sensor GM/Delco/Delphi only.

Might want to look at Marine Intake manifold.
Thank you exp500. Will take your advice. Thanks again for your reply!