1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New in Edmonton

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Guitarded, May 21, 2020.

1. Guitarded

Guitarded TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dan
    Hey there,

Recently picked up a 1999 Tahoe LT 4X4. This has been my fav body style of pickup/suv from any brand for years. So when I came across this, and was able to pick it up for a steal, I had to do it.

Pretty standard build, nothing unusual or particularly special about it.

It is amazingly clean though. Has 240,000km on it, and the mechanical inspection required by insurance turned up almost nothing. My shop went through the truck from front to back, and other than a leaky oil cooler line and worn rear swaybar links, there was nothing to report.

Previous owner did everything I was thinking I would need to do myself. Belts, pulleys, tensioner, windshield, tires, brakes, egr system, pcv system. Plus the 4WD actuator, 4WD switch.

Since picking this up a month ago, I've replaced all exterior lighting, given it a full detail including power polish, and have replaced the crappy aftermarket cd player with a new Sony unit with CD, bluetooth, satellite radio.

Lots more planned for this thing.

20200511_071847.jpg

2. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Nice looking rig. More pics please.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Miami-Dade likes this.
  3. Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz Resident Resident

Name:
    Tony
    Very nice. Welcome. X2 on the pics. How's the interior? Good shape?

4. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    Welcome to the forum from Iowa. Looks very clean for a 21 year old vehicle.

89Suburban likes this.
  5. Miami-Dade

Miami-Dade Staff Member Super Moderator Supporting Member

Name:
    Gary
    Welcome from Miami Beach Dan!

Nice find on your awesome looking and extremely well maintained 1999 Tahoe LT.

6. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Welcome Dan! Truck looks great! Keep an eye on those tires, they look like an old model. Down here in Florida the sun would've dried them out by now.

89Suburban likes this.
  7. Joseph Garcia

Joseph Garcia Supporting Member

Name:
    Joseph
    Welcome to the Forum from NH. Great find!!!

Hopefully, you will become an active participant in the Forum's discussions.

8. BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf Supporting Vendor Supporting Member

Name:
    Shannon
    Very nice, welcome to the forum!

9. Guitarded

Guitarded TYF Newbie

Name:
    Dan
    Thanks guys. Going to be a long work in progress, still trying to decide what direction I want to go. For now, it's just clean up and rejuvenation.

Interior is mostly clean. Driver's seat leather has some cracks, not sure how easily the repair will be for that. I steamcleaned the carpets, but they did not come out clean enough for my tastes. They're not horrible or gross, but it's something I notice. I mean, who puts light grey carpet in a truck anyway?! lolz.

20200511_071945.jpg