New in Edmonton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guitarded

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there,

Recently picked up a 1999 Tahoe LT 4X4. This has been my fav body style of pickup/suv from any brand for years. So when I came across this, and was able to pick it up for a steal, I had to do it.

Pretty standard build, nothing unusual or particularly special about it.

It is amazingly clean though. Has 240,000km on it, and the mechanical inspection required by insurance turned up almost nothing. My shop went through the truck from front to back, and other than a leaky oil cooler line and worn rear swaybar links, there was nothing to report.

Previous owner did everything I was thinking I would need to do myself. Belts, pulleys, tensioner, windshield, tires, brakes, egr system, pcv system. Plus the 4WD actuator, 4WD switch.

Since picking this up a month ago, I've replaced all exterior lighting, given it a full detail including power polish, and have replaced the crappy aftermarket cd player with a new Sony unit with CD, bluetooth, satellite radio.

Lots more planned for this thing.

20200511_071847.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. Nice looking rig. More pics please.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Dan!

Nice find on your awesome looking and extremely well maintained 1999 Tahoe LT.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH. Great find!!!

Hopefully, you will become an active participant in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
Guitarded

Guitarded

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Going to be a long work in progress, still trying to decide what direction I want to go. For now, it's just clean up and rejuvenation.

Very nice. Welcome. X2 on the pics. How's the interior? Good shape?

Interior is mostly clean. Driver's seat leather has some cracks, not sure how easily the repair will be for that. I steamcleaned the carpets, but they did not come out clean enough for my tastes. They're not horrible or gross, but it's something I notice. I mean, who puts light grey carpet in a truck anyway?! lolz.

20200511_071945.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos