New here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftwflh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am new to Tahoes.I am coming from a Trailblazer that I drove for 10 yrs and had many problems with.Everything from rust and bad paint to brakes and ABS.
I hope this 2012 Tahoe LT is a better machine.I bought it a couple months ago with 98000 mi (my 05 TB only had 80000) So far I have added trailer brake controller,new tires and front brakes.
It came with HD towing package but no brake controller.It has trans cooler and 3.42 gear ratio.
I am going to post a few questions in the forums to get me lined out on things
Thanks for excepting me in this forum

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to Tahoes.I am coming from a Trailblazer that I drove for 10 yrs and had many problems with.Everything from rust and bad paint to brakes and ABS.
I hope this 2012 Tahoe LT is a better machine.I bought it a couple months ago with 98000 mi (my 05 TB only had 80000) So far I have added trailer brake controller,new tires and front brakes.
It came with HD towing package but no brake controller.It has trans cooler and 3.42 gear ratio.
I am going to post a few questions in the forums to get me lined out on things
Thanks for excepting me in this forum

Welcome to the forum Brad and post up some photos of yours when you can. Yes, not many came with the JL1 even though they were equipped for towing. Do you know about the two wires under the hood that you can optionally connect for the TBC and sending power back to the trailer's battery and electrical system?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Brad!

OP
OP
ftwflh

ftwflh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Brad and post up some photos of yours when you can. Yes, not many came with the JL1 even though they were equipped for towing. Do you know about the two wires under the hood that you can optionally connect for the TBC and sending power back to the trailer's battery and electrical system?
Got those hooked up.Wiring in a new plug messed with me all afternoon one day until I got the manual out and found I didnt have those wires hooked up.

OP
OP
ftwflh

ftwflh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got those hooked up.Wiring in a new plug messed with me all afternoon one day until I got the manual out and found I didnt have those wires hooked up.
What is a safe trans temp when pulling? Mine going through the hills got up to 212f most of the time in flat it only gets to 195f

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442