New here. Michigan. 2009 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been noticing what I think is a lifter tick on some cold starts. Not all the time. We had some -20F mornings and it was not present.

I’m trying to correlate it to something. Like did it get to full OT last drive of the day before parking overnight, or was I doing a lot of highway driving where the AFM would have been kicking in more presumably?

I ordered a Range Disabler to hold me over until Springtime when I can do a cam/lifter swap and tune. Leaning towards a Brian Tooley kit. Might wind up boosting in the summer.

Only on my second oil change with Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic, extended performance, high mileage 5w30 since taking ownership.
What kind of fi are you thinking about?

OP
OP
Chris Z

Chris Z

Reaction score
What kind of fi are you thinking about?

I’ll be honest. My big bro is the boost junkie, lol. I’ll probably run whatever he tells me as he’s far more knowledgeable than I.

With my limited knowledge and vocabulary, I’m thinking single turbo setup under 15lbs. Nothing fancy, probably just a Chinese GT45.

Going for the budget boost lol.