New here and need help with A/C

Discussion in 'Interior' started by 2005tahoez71, May 7, 2018.

1. 2005tahoez71

2005tahoez71 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Trey
    Hello all,

I am having issues with the driver's A/C in my 2005 z71 tahoe and was hoping y'all could help. This has been going on for a while now, but in the winter it wasn't so bad. Now that it's getting hot I can't take it much longer.

95% of the time the only air that comes out of the driver vents is hot and blowing on my feet. It doesn't matter if the A/C is even on, the air still comes out hot. The higher speed I am traveling, the more the air blows.

The other 5% of the time the air will respond to some controls, but i am not able to adjust temperature. It is either hot or cold.

I recently replaced the door actuator but that didn't seem to make a difference. I did replace it with a used part FWIW.

The passenger air seems to work fine with A/C. I didn't test it long enough to feel if it would heat. Its been a long time since I have even had my seats up so I'm not worried about the passenger air at this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. 2005tahoez71

2005tahoez71 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Trey
    Bumping this to hopefully get some help

3. chrmbly

chrmbly Member

Name:
    Chris
    I searched for different HVAC issues when I bought my Tahoe used - ended up being fine in my case (think it was the sensor up at the top - blew air in it and seems to work ok).

So, even though it wasn't the door actuator I found a few threads about it. Here's a good one I just found by googling it.

4. chrmbly

chrmbly Member

Name:
    Chris
    Short answer if you haven't tried pulling the fuse, give that a go first and see if the actuator just needs reset.

5. 2005tahoez71

2005tahoez71 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Trey
    Thanks for the response - Just tried resetting the actuator, but to no avail unfortunately. If I figure it out I will report back here.