New head unit that works with steering wheel buttons.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does the Crutchfied site say none of the head units listed fit? Does that mean they don’t fit without the adapters and meistro?

I believe it’s because most double din radios are a little to deep for the opening and they hit the bracket. You have to cut/trim out the bracket behind the radio so it can slide in all the way.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it’s because most double din radios are a little to deep for the opening and they hit the bracket. You have to cut/trim out the bracket behind the radio so it can slide in all the way.
Agreed. Gotta make them fit!

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an Android stereo, you don't need any kind of Adapter. Steering wheel controls are resistance-based, and any Android head unit is able to work with this. Just disconnect 2 wires from the BCM, ground of them and connect the other one to KEY1 or KEY2 on your android unit. Audio controls and DIC controls have separate circuits, so no problems with retaining DIC

Old, but any more info or specifics on exactly which wires need to be modified at bcm??

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old, but any more info or specifics on exactly which wires need to be modified at bcm??

Here is your wiring diagram and pin locations. The wires you're after are: C3-A7 (BROWN connector/LIGHT-GREEN wire) and C2-A2 (GRAY connector/DARK-BLUE wire).

After disconnecting those wires from the BCM, ground one of them, and connecth the other to KEY1 or KEY2 of your Android head unit.

?????

PROFIT!!!

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

Last edited:

Lenoir

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello, do you have a picture of the place where are the threads? I must recover my steering wheel controls and I do not know where the C3 A7 / C2 A2 wires are I have been despairing for 2 months, thank you for your help

Lenoir

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please Please can help me, on my car radio I have 3 wire key wheel 1, key wheel 2 and gnd key wheel. Can you make me a picture of the place where they must be connected to recover the steering wheel controls of my tahoe 2003 please ?? thank you

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello, do you have a picture of the place where are the threads? I must recover my steering wheel controls and I do not know where the C3 A7 / C2 A2 wires are I have been despairing for 2 months, thank you for your help
Please Please can help me, on my car radio I have 3 wire key wheel 1, key wheel 2 and gnd key wheel. Can you make me a picture of the place where they must be connected to recover the steering wheel controls of my tahoe 2003 please ?? thank you

BCM is located under ur steering column. To get access to it, remove dash bezel, then remove knee bolster, by removing two screws (7mm head) and pulling the knee bolster out.
C1-C6 are the connectors on the BCM, I marked them on the picture below. A2 or A7 is the number of pin in the respective connector, the pin location is in my first post.

Untitled.jpg