New guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diablo is great because you can add a custom tune. I just swaped the 91+ diablo tune for the 87 tune. I increased the throttle to +14%, removed afm, and it actually runs better than the diablo with afm. I think throttle response and afm are the biggest factors in driveability with tuning. There is a mod that shims the gas pedal for even better response which I will try once my custom pedals come in...
I have the Diablo I3 and done the std AFM off 93 tune, I am curious about the " mod that shims the gas pedal for even better response" enlighten me , I was not aware of this option. Have you changed any of the tranny shifting tunes?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the TYForum!
The color choice is excellent (my personal favorite) as is the 6.2L. Looking good so far.

What do you think about vinyl wrap around the fog light bezels? That would basically complete the blacked out look and "canvas" so to speak. Then you could choose an accent color and incorporate that into your future mods throughout the vehicle...

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run a diablo as well...

i run the 87 octane tune, with modified parameters.

all upshifts are increased 15%
idle rpm is up 150
in gear idle is up 100
throttle response is raised 15%
tire size corrected

for the tune i run, i can the mileage (with a 33" tire) has not dropped by much....still seeing 22 on hiway runs unloaded at 85 ish

for intown, the throttle response change made a world of difference, it reacts when you THINK it should now, and slightly increase shift pressure holds the lower gear slightly longer so it isnt upshifting as soon.

drives totally different, but also as it should in my mind....i prefer the older 350th trans with a 3:73 gear ( moves when i want, feeling the shifts)

i have had this for roughly 12-15K miles...the wife just did a trip to florida ( 900miles), hasnt driven it all weak, and now says she notices the trans shifting better (i raised pressure slightly right before the trip, i had it at 10%)

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the TYForum!
The color choice is excellent (my personal favorite) as is the 6.2L. Looking good so far.

What do you think about vinyl wrap around the fog light bezels? That would basically complete the blacked out look and "canvas" so to speak. Then you could choose an accent color and incorporate that into your future mods throughout the vehicle...
I like the vinyl wrap idea

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Diablo I3 and done the std AFM off 93 tune, I am curious about the " mod that shims the gas pedal for even better response" enlighten me , I was not aware of this option. Have you changed any of the tranny shifting tunes?
Sorry I took so long, but tapatalk isnt working right for this site. I didnt like the pedals so I havent done that "paint stick mod" I saw on a truck forum. Not sure if I even can with adjustible pedals, but apparently there is a lot of play where the pedal is attached, and a small shim (paint stick) takes out the play. As for the tranny tune, I chose firm.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to add supercharger, headers and exhaust to my Escalade's, 12 of them, then I wnen to order a 2019 and the price was 110k, before making it fast, I then found that Callaway mods GM trucks, so I ordered a loaded tahoe that GM ships to Callaway, then Callaway makes it fast with WARRANTY and delivers it to your dealership. They were great to deal with and I would have no problem buying another one, it makes driving an suv fun, and they found a way to even make it handle with their lowering kit and sway bars

OP
OP
THarber

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the TYForum!

I'm not sure if mine are different than others with the Graphite package but my fog light trim is almost like a black chrome color, not bright but not black either. I'm going to black out the red in the GMC badges and might black the surface of the Yukon emblems and leave the edges chrome. SLT badges are coming off and I have some billet Harley Davidson badges that are black with Orange edges that will go on some where. Big brakes one day too.

Tim

rdhogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe really does not have a trim bezel (very thin one), Like to see picture of your HD badges.LIV2RYD 2.jpgLIV2RYD 2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14