New guy..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travis45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Travis and I am a car enthusiast. I have a 2005 z71 Tahoe 2WD, yes 2wd. I absolutely love Tahoe’s especially mine. It has a ton of miles 250K but it does not burn oil smoke or leak any fluids. Lots of power and very quiet. I recently had the O-ring replaced on the oil pick up tube. Anyway looking forward to reading about other members rides and getting advice into turning mine into a 4wd.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Travis and I am a car enthusiast. I have a 2005 z71 Tahoe 2WD, yes 2wd. I absolutely love Tahoe’s especially mine. It has a ton of miles 250K but it does not burn oil smoke or leak any fluids. Lots of power and very quiet. I recently had the O-ring replaced on the oil pick up tube. Anyway looking forward to reading about other members rides and getting advice into turning mine into a 4wd.

Welcome Travis! Got any photos to show off?

Going from 2WD to 4x4 will be quite an undertaking.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Welcome to the neighborhood, Travis. The 05 Tahoe is a great truck. Show us some pictures!

Not to burst any bubbles, but I'd come to terms with 2wd, or start shopping for the perfect replacement. That swap is a cost prohibitive job, especially at 250k.

That being said, there are tons of great things to do to your 05, including a 6.0 swap if your body and interior is well kept!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Has been said already. Going from 2wd to 4wd will be bunches and bunches of work and headaches. Very cost prohibitive. Keep your 2wd and buy a 4wd and start customizing for more fun.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Travis!

OP
OP
T

Travis45

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome Travis! Got any photos to show off?

Going from 2WD to 4x4 will be quite an undertaking.
Yeah I did some asking around and it will be expensive, I just love the one I have and can never get rid of it. A z71 2WD is rare, to me I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy