New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlschmarl2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New guy here...

Always been a FORD (2013 Raptor as my daily) guy but the wife wants a new grocery car and kid hauler and she likes the looks of the Yukons.

We're looking at a used 2015 Yukon SLT with 40,000 miles for $35k.

I wasn't impressed the motor/tranny in the Tahoes/Yukons...they lack some "get-up-and-go" IMO as compared to the Expeditions. But I do prefer the looks over the Expy.

Any known issues on the 2015 Yukons that I should be aware of?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy Carl! There are lots of things to look for in those first year models. First, there are two versions of 2015s. Do a search on here for the details, I'm not that familiar with them. Some have also had driveline shakes and cabin buffeting problems. Again, this forum has all those topics covered. The later 2015s have more features.

The 5.3/6-speed trucks make over 350 horsepower and torque management does tame down all that power. A BlackBear tune makes it drive completely different and for the better.
The GMC Denalis have the 6.2 motor which makes about 420 horses. They also have many more creature comforts and an 8-speed transmission in the earlier years.

Check the usual, rust, accidents, fluids, maintenance records, but also test every single switch, button, lever and feature on the touch screens. Most importantly, do a thorough test drive doing the usual stuff in city driving but get them out on the highway and up to 80 or so and look for that buffeting and shaking.

OP
OP
C

carlschmarl2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy Carl! There are lots of things to look for in those first year models. First, there are two versions of 2015s. Do a search on here for the details, I'm not that familiar with them. Some have also had driveline shakes and cabin buffeting problems. Again, this forum has all those topics covered. The later 2015s have more features.

The 5.3/6-speed trucks make over 350 horsepower and torque management does tame down all that power. A BlackBear tune makes it drive completely different and for the better.
The GMC Denalis have the 6.2 motor which makes about 420 horses. They also have many more creature comforts and an 8-speed transmission in the earlier years.

Check the usual, rust, accidents, fluids, maintenance records, but also test every single switch, button, lever and feature on the touch screens. Most importantly, do a thorough test drive doing the usual stuff in city driving but get them out on the highway and up to 80 or so and look for that buffeting and shaking.

How do I know what version of the 2015 it is?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Build date. And if your onstar antenna is painted vs. texture black, right?

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC John. Do everything James said.