New guy with 2011 yukon xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tractorpuller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome... Since I have a similar truck, I'll share my experience
I've had my 2011 Denali for 2 years now. Got it with 180,000, now has 200,000; alot of them towing a car hauler. I paid less knowing it was high mileage but fairly well maintained and figured I spend some money on it. So far...
A/C blockoff as rear AC lines were corroded thru
left motor mount
broken exhaust studs fixed with Kral gadgets
Oil leaks under Vlom/Intake/ oil pressure sensor
DOD disable plug-in
failed torque converter resulting in required trans rebuild
new rear suspension compressor and shocks
So, its done it job and total spent is about $22,000. Not sure it works out or I should have bought a $22,000 truck to start with.

Maybe most of these things are regular problems that either have been addressed or will need it.
Thanks for all that info! I have some exhaust bolts that are looking kinda rough, I will look these kral gadgets up and see what that is about. So far im lucky this thing is actually very dry, I have a very slight leak I think it's the oil cooler blockoff plate as I don't have the heavy duty cooling. I work with a guy who has an older denali(2006 i think), he had to do the same with his air suspension. I don't know if I'm lucky mine doesn't have it or not....

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

OP
OP
T

tractorpuller

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I assume you have the 5.3 engine. Oil change and GOOD oil filters are a must on higher mileage vehicles. Also if you have the air shocks on the rear check those.

I personally think the 900 body style (2007-14) is the best built ot the SUV's out there.
Yes, it is the 5.3. I've always used napa gold or wix on my other vehicles as there are several napas around me, I presume they would be ok? Ok, it doesn't have the air shocks.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here’s a fun read for ya typical of the build it instead of buy it philosophy. Imagine a 08 6.2L gasser Escalade and Silverado 2500 Duramax having a weekend getaway. 9 Mo later you get an 08 2500 Escalade with the 6.2L Duramax chassis underneath as the factory would do it.