New guy needing help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy. Just joined the site and need a little help deciding between the 6.2 or 5.3 w3.42 gears.

I'm currently shopping for a Suburban LTZ, YUKON XL SLT, or Denali XL.

From what I've notice is the LTZ is basically a Denali without the 6.2L engine and trans. And the SLT is slightly below the LTZ.

So, here's my delimma. I can't decide if the 6.2L engine and 8 speed trans is actually worth it. I've driven both the 6.2 and 5.3 w/3.42 gears. I do pull a boat ocassionly which I currently pull with my Silverado 5.3. Is the price difference actually worth it? This is the question that's bugging me.

Thanks for your insite.

Budcat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You also have to consider which model offers the lowest total cost. I'm finding much better deals on the Denali than on the LTZ.
people have said that the non HID Yukon headlights really suck, so you have to get the Denali or LTZ to get HID headlights.

MVR 155

Reaction score
I just picked up a 15 Denali a couple months back, good friend of mine has a loaded 15 Yukon. The power difference is very noticeable between the two trucks. If you're towing I would definitely opt for the 6.2L/8speed.

OP
OP
Weber Dude

Weber Dude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think I'm leaning to an SLT XL with the 3:42s. I have a dealer trying to locate something that meets my requirements now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep