New guy....Need help trying to decide on wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello, long time lurker, first time poster. Have owned my wife's 07 LTZ Tahoe for 7 years and currently trading to 07 suburban. The suburban is dark blue metallic and I'm kinda torn on wheel choice/finish.

Chrome is is the obvious option but I prefer something a little more subtle.

Chrome choice would be 22" ck375

I've been seriously considering the Texas edition 22's as I like the brushed/machined look along with the machined tbss reps.

Also would consider wheel options outside the replicas/factory wheels.

Have a 2/3-4 drop planned and 22" wheels.

Any suggestions or members with the dark blue metallic photos would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if you would do 375's then go 24s instead of 22s....since you are going to drop it anyways-the burbs and XL's look soooo gooooood low w big wheels. If it were a NBS then 22s would be right but since it is a NNBS then 24s fit the bill better IMO

OP
OP
S

soon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my wife's daily driver some want to keep it relatively straight forward, low maintenance. Any serious rubbing with 24's?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OHSIXX's advice is always on point.

I looked at all 3 of your proposed choices myself. I'm partial of course to the TBSS. Mine are machine face and painted in between the spokes. They shine like crazy and seriously complement the Dark Ming Blue Metallic paint without being so showy as chrome. Nothing wrong with chrome, just not what I was after. 24s look great on the NNBS. I am happy I jumped up to 24s rather than 22s. They fill in the wheel well just that bit more, at least for my NBS.

If you are worried about the DD size for the wife, then go with 22s, but the 24s are pretty normal these days. Just a bit less sidewall and pothole dodging is always necessary. You cannot lose with any of those 3 choices. 375s and TBSS probably will be top choices over the Texas edition.

Last edited:

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you live, and where do you normally park? I ask because around here, those 375's are a hot commodity and you are likely to have them or your whole truck stolen if it's not garaged

happened to me with escalade 22's

Bruizza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
24s don't rub much. Mine only rubbed occasionally at full reverse turns.

OP
OP
S

soon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I had came across a picture of your tahoe on instagram and couldn't find it again.. Those look really good on the blue and helped me in my decisions. Now to decide 22's or 24's.

OHSIXX's advice is always on point.

I looked at all 3 of your proposed choices myself. I'm partial of course to the TBSS. Mine are machine face and painted in between the spokes. They shine like crazy and seriously complement the Dark Ming Blue Metallic paint without being so showy as chrome. Nothing wrong with chrome, just not what I was after. 24s look great on the NNBS. I am happy I jumped up to 24s rather than 22s. They fill in the wheel well just that bit more, at least for my NBS.

If you are worried about the DD size for the wife, then go with 22s, but the 24s are pretty normal these days. Just a bit less sidewall and pothole dodging is always necessary. You cannot lose with any of those 3 choices. 375s and TBSS probably will be top choices over the Texas edition.

OP
OP
S

soon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Looks like the TBSS machined is atop the list. My wife actually liked them out of a host of others as well.

Id really like to do the 24's Im just not sure its practical around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys