New Guy - Nashville TN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnTN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings Friends!

New Guy here from Nashville TN.

My ride is a 2002 Tahoe LS with 228,000 miles. It's a great ride, although in the shop right now for its second fuel pump. Previous fuel pump replacement was 103,000 miles, so it's about time.

My Dad bought this Tahoe new in 2002, and I bought it from him about 10 years ago when he and Mom decided to downsize to one vehicle.

I know the day will come when I'll need to upgrade. I love the GMT800 platform, and would love to find that rare garage-kept, low-mileage 2006, but I'll probably find BigFoot riding a unicorn first.

Anyone care to recommend good years? I understand 2007 (first-year AFM) is to be avoided, but what other years look good? I'm seeing some 2013 models in my area in the $21k range.

Thanks again for letting me in the door!

All the best,
John

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome John! Post up some pics when you can!

Don't discount the next generation because of AFM, if you can turn a wrench, you can physically delete it should it fail. The later years are far more reliable than the earlier models. From 2009 they have the 6-speed transmission and tow really well, especially with the lower ratio 3.42 gears.

We were just talking the other day, how long can we reasonably expect to drive these things, you're at 20 years now, think she has another 10 left in her with regular repairs and maintenance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal