New guy, lifted Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xHELLHOUNDx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have lifted a few Magneride vehicles that I’ve had. I love keeping the Magneride on them for bodyroll issues on lifted vehicles, and I’ve enjoyed the way they ride on the road while keeping the Magneride system intact.

OP
OP
3rdGen

3rdGen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Well I am learning a ton on these newer GMs. My 07 GMC 1500 and and My 2010 Silverado are so much simpler.

xJGx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently replaced mine. Went with the stock magnaride struts. 5 hours and roughly $750 to do it. It was well worth it to do it myself.

Surprisingly the hardest part was disconnecting the sensor in the passenger side. It’s just in a hard to reach spot.

OP
OP
3rdGen

3rdGen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Little up date. I swapped out the magnaride on the caddy finally with the McGuaghys lift strut. It rides so much better. I had to buy some knock off ebay assembled struts to get all the pieces I needed to build the Lift struts since the maganrides are that much difference. These should only be on for about 2 months until the kings come in.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool, don’t see many like it. Where do you live/drive? That wouldn’t fit in any garages around here (DC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
3rdGen

3rdGen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m from San Antonio Tx, and thanks. We did the slammed SUVs thanks trucks for a long time. Now putting all of them up in the air lol.

AzCoronaDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great looking truck!

I just bought a 2017 Yukon XL Denali and I am waiting for the McGauphy's 7" lift to be delivered, which I plan to install myself.

I have not seen very many 6" or better lifts out there, so if you don't mind, I have a few questions for you:

Did you do the lift installation yourself? If so:
Did you run into any issues?
Any tips or recommendations?
How many beers were consumed?
How much cursing was involved?
If required, how big a hammer did you use to convince stubborn parts?
Were any band-aids, stitches or trips to the emergency room necessary?

Thanks in advance...

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu