New guy here with a 2003 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals..new guy here with a 2003 Chevy Tahoe w/a 4.8 engine...it just reached 100,000 miles..This is so cool to have a forum dedicated just for the Yukon and Tahoe's..

Thanks for having me and hope to learn a lot here..take care and God Bless..Barry..

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals..new guy here with a 2003 Chevy Tahoe w/a 4.8 engine...it just reached 100,000 miles..This is so cool to have a forum dedicated just for the Yukon and Tahoe's..

Thanks for having me and hope to learn a lot here..take care and God Bless..Barry..

Welcome from the windy city, Barry! We'd love to see some pictures of your low milage 4.8. This is a very cool forum with plenty to learn.

OP
OP
Bear R

Bear R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys..i dont have any pics at the moment but here's a different vehicle that looks just like it I found online..

I opened the hood yest. and the ground from the firewall to the hood was broke..i dont know how critical that is but im not gonna start it till I fix it..What do you guys think..will it cause problems if I start it and run it..other than that, its in great shape and runs perfect..

but anyway, thanks for having me..cant wait to join in..

ps..hey HiHoeSilver..I bet its cold there..Im in N.E. Arizona as of now it's snowing like crazy, maybe a foot of snow and still coming down..Love your Avatar..!!..

and thanks TonyRodz..Glad to hear its a good motor..hope it runs for along time..

2003 tahoe.jpg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks guys..i dont have any pics at the moment but here's a different vehicle that looks just like it I found online..

I opened the hood yest. and the ground from the firewall to the hood was broke..i dont know how critical that is but im not gonna start it till I fix it..What do you guys think..will it cause problems if I start it and run it..other than that, its in great shape and runs perfect..

but anyway, thanks for having me..cant wait to join in..

ps..hey HiHoeSilver..I bet its cold there..Im in N.E. Arizona as of now it's snowing like crazy, maybe a foot of snow and still coming down..Love your Avatar..!!..

and thanks TonyRodz..Glad to hear its a good motor..hope it runs for along time..

View attachment 213939
That broken ground isn't gonna kill anything, but it may cause something to act strange. You can drive it, but try to fix it as soon as you can.

OP
OP
Bear R

Bear R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Tony..thats good to know..i will get one right away.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from very warm Miami Beach Barry!! I always hear good things about the 4.8!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
i'm pretty sure that ground strap is only there in case a hotwire came loose inside the engine compartment and somehow made contact with the hood so you couldn't be shocked. nothing else makes any sense.

OP
OP
Bear R

Bear R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While your doing that one, take a good look at the braided one from the firewall to the block. That's a common point of grounding troubles.

Will do..thanks..

i called the parts store here and they have a universal strap..will that work or should I go for the OEM part.?..

thanks for letting me know about the other one too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne