New guy from Alabama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased my first gm product after leaving Ford I bought a 2015 ppv tahoe 2wd I have to say so far I love it.

I think I may need to get new coil packs no engine lights on but when at red light it has a rough idle I put a new MAS sensor fixed it for a couple of days then back to how it was but while driving it runs perfect it’s only when setting still and it does not always do it
That's often a dirty throttle body or vacuum leak. If you put a scan tool on it, check the Long Term Fuel Trims. If they start climbing at idle, you have a leak somewhere.

Coils do go bad but that is a rare repair.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.
AC5FF635-02A6-4770-8D16-D7E9854E43C5.jpeg

OP
OP
Twood2006

Twood2006

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Let's start with the basics: Miles on engine? Age of plugs and wires? I assume you meant MAF sensor and what brand did you use? Use Genuine GM parts whenever you can or AC Delco. Replace the MAP sensor? Cleaned the throttle bore? These rigs can have lots of idle time on them and not as many miles as could be expected but the engine hours will be up there.
It has 123,000 miles and yes I did mean MAF sensor I have replaced it 3 times every time the engine light comes on I go get it scanned and it will say MAF sensor so I replace it light goes off and then it runs and idles fine a few days then it will start idling rough again even with the check engine light not on but after a couple weeks the engine light will come back on always says same thing MAF sensor also I am using the AC Delco parts I also replaced the plugs with AC Delco plugs and last when I first got it and light came on it said misfire cylinder 1 so I put a new AC Delco coil pack on and that fixed it but ever since then same thing but as I said just keeps saying MAF sensor but it can’t keep being that sensor but that’s the only code it’s throwing…..I hope all of that is not confusing

OP
OP
Twood2006

Twood2006

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Awesome and very knowledgeable people on this forum. Lots of troubleshooting that can be done prior to changing coil packs - which are very expensive. I have almost 300k miles on my tahoe with the original coil packs. Others will weigh in, but I wouldn't start with the coil packs.
What would you do I have changed the plugs mine has 123,000

OP
OP
Twood2006

Twood2006

Reaction score
Here it is now as of 8/25/22 my rims came in today so I put them on now I am going to color match the grill and paint the Chevy emblem black paint all chrome trim around the windows black and then I am going to order a 2/4 lowering kit 3C8A8832-F3C0-4E82-A137-2F8792C94ADA.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3