New guy from Alabama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twood2006

Reaction score
Just purchased my first gm product after leaving Ford I bought a 2015 ppv tahoe 2wd I have to say so far I love it.

I think I may need to get new coil packs no engine lights on but when at red light it has a rough idle I put a new MAS sensor fixed it for a couple of days then back to how it was but while driving it runs perfect it’s only when setting still and it does not always do it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Let's start with the basics: Miles on engine? Age of plugs and wires? I assume you meant MAF sensor and what brand did you use? Use Genuine GM parts whenever you can or AC Delco. Replace the MAP sensor? Cleaned the throttle bore? These rigs can have lots of idle time on them and not as many miles as could be expected but the engine hours will be up there.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Awesome and very knowledgeable people on this forum. Lots of troubleshooting that can be done prior to changing coil packs - which are very expensive. I have almost 300k miles on my tahoe with the original coil packs. Others will weigh in, but I wouldn't start with the coil packs.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Let's start with the basics: Miles on engine? Age of plugs and wires? I assume you meant MAF sensor and what brand did you use? Use Genuine GM parts whenever you can or AC Delco. Replace the MAP sensor? Cleaned the throttle bore? These rigs can have lots of idle time on them and not as many miles as could be expected but the engine hours will be up there.
Hours? I’m into engine years. Lols.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT