New from the Great White North

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FergL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first foray into GM trucks. I'm going through some things in my life and needed to get rid of some payments, but also have something to haul around my boys. The third factor had to have some sort of modibility ( I don't think that's a word). I ended up with a 2006 GMC Yukon Denali XL. It's spent a lot if it's life in the oil patch, so it needs some serious TLC.

One thing that drew me to it was that the previous owner replaced the air suspension with the conventional suspension. Truck needs a good cleaning, but otherwise looking forward to learning more about the platform and the engine as well. I have lots of plans for it, but mostly include road trips with my boys.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Scott! Hopefully you got some service records on your Yukon Denali XL.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from another 2006 XL Denali owner! Hopefully it runs good! We love pics and details around here! Post some up when you get a chance!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from an 07 Yukon XL Denali owner. Like you, the previous owner for my truck replaced the air suspension with a conventional suspension.

I wish you the best of long-term luck, good performance and enjoyment with your truck.

OP
OP
F

FergL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I was a previous Volkswagen owner ( don't hold that against me ), and the rate my boys are growing a hatchback would no longer do it!! Also wanted to get out of a car payment, so since the Denali's seem to sell for less than a normal Tahoe or Suburban, I picked one up for a decent price. Lots of work to do, and things to learn, but that's what I like about getting into a new platform. Just rolling on 17 steel wheels for now. Will look for some decent winter tires, and then hopefully pick up something in the 20" or 22" range for summer time.

A couple of limited pics for now. Once I get going on the interior I'll snap some more.

When I first got it home

dIar4DM.jpg

Cfl8u2v.jpg

After it's first wash with some helpers

5g0PpZE.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody. I was a previous Volkswagen owner ( don't hold that against me ), and the rate my boys are growing a hatchback would no longer do it!! Also wanted to get out of a car payment, so since the Denali's seem to sell for less than a normal Tahoe or Suburban, I picked one up for a decent price. Lots of work to do, and things to learn, but that's what I like about getting into a new platform. Just rolling on 17 steel wheels for now. Will look for some decent winter tires, and then hopefully pick up something in the 20" or 22" range for summer time.

A couple of limited pics for now. Once I get going on the interior I'll snap some more.

When I first got it home

dIar4DM.jpg

Cfl8u2v.jpg

After it's first wash with some helpers

5g0PpZE.jpg
Looks good after a wash man! Great choice for a family suv!
The great part about these rigs is that they’re pretty easy to work on! Parts can be had at most auto parts stores because under the fancy gmc body, it’s just a half ton Chevy truck. Parts stores always have parts for Chevy trucks hahah

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks are special. We have memories of our minvans but nothing like the Yukon, the kids, girls, talk about it all the time and the things we've done with it and the places it's taken us to. Welcome to the big wagons family!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011