New from Northern Nevada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a Dmax as well, 2 completely different animals..

I completely agree. I owned a 2500 series Duramax Silverado that I used to tow my off road rig and trailer with. On a very regular basis I could have my full size 73 Blazer with 1 ton axles and roll cage and 38" tires and all the equipment in the bed and the full size 2 axle trailer and could blow the doors off my friend's rigs when we towed up the passes out here in Oregon. Quiet as a church mouse and when was not towing it amazed me how it would accel like a gas engine and that Allison Trans behind it was rock solid. One of these days I may own a Tahoe with a Duramax in it, I hope.

OP
OP
DiHrdBowTi

DiHrdBowTi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I remember reading up on Duraburb several years ago. They do an incredible job converting Suburbans to the duramax but if I recall when asked about Tahoe's they said the frame was too light and that they only do 3/4 ton burbs.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The new 2021 Tahoes are going to have the option for the 3.0 L inline 6 cylinder Duramax diesel.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Phil! Nice looking truck, love the 2-doors. Duraburb does conversions on 1500s too.

Good to see the old GM diesels on the road. Check out the "Overlanding" thread and some guys there who also live in Nevada and do what you do out in the country.

OP
OP
DiHrdBowTi

DiHrdBowTi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The new 2021 Tahoes are going to have the option for the 3.0 L inline 6 cylinder Duramax diesel.

Good to know.

Welcome Phil! Nice looking truck, love the 2-doors. Duraburb does conversions on 1500s too.

Good to see the old GM diesels on the road. Check out the "Overlanding" thread and some guys there who also live in Nevada and do what you do out in the country.

I'll check it out.

Thanks for the tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094