New-DIYer-Just Purchased 07 Denali 131k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

Traded our 02 Surbuban 4x4 for it. The main thing I'm gonna do with it is drive me and my dog back and fourth between San Antonio, TX and Leadville, CO four or five times/yr.

I've been doing a lot of reading here. Y'all have already help me find/fix some problems. THANKS!

The check engine light was on. My reader said it was a big vacuum leak. I found and fixed a cracked short 3/8" hose that is hooked up to the driver side valve cover. The cruise control was inop, changing the stop/brake switch was the fix.

It rides and drives like a dream, but the rear shock air bladders are shot as well as the compressor. Since I don't do much towing with it, I've put new Arnotts towards the bottom of the list.

My biggest concern is an oil leak. I think its the rear main seal. I can change it, but MAN, what a PIA.

Thanks in advance

Here's what I've done so far:

MILEAGE-131.300 miles/4200 hrs

Changed frt sway bar rubber bushings(8)

Checked all brake pads(good)

Changed hose for drivers side valve cover PCventilation

Rotated tires front to back

Installed new windshield wipers

Drained rear differential. Filled w/2 ½ qts Amsoil SVG 75-90w

Drained front differential. Filled w/1 ½ qts Amsoil SVG 75-90w

Drained Transfer Case. Filled w/1 ½ qts Amsoil ATL ATF

Installed new ac belt and tensioner w/pulley

Installed new main belt, tensioner w/pulley, and idler pulley

Installed new NAPA air filter

Replaced brake/stop light switch, fixed cruise control

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you changed the rear diff fluid did you add the limited slip additive? I have the same rig around the same mileage a little thing but it bugged me was the AC control buttons coating comes off showing green light behind you can get a set of stickers on eBay just be sure to scrape all the old off before replacing

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC Don!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tttterrrr