New "creaking" noise in lower dash when turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

like2detail

Reaction score
Anyone have a metallic creaking noise in the lower dash when the body flexes in a turn. Having trouble with this one. This 2019 Yukon XL Denali has been one problem after another since I got it but all considered normal I would assume. I've got the lower half of the dash apart and have been trying to find it with no luck. Definitely sounds like some sort of metal flexing and creaking so those are the parts I've been targeting. Strangely, the sound seems to switch sides of the dash depending on which direction I'm turning. Does it on low speed turns when the body flexes the most.

Thanks!

OP
OP
like2detail

like2detail

Reaction score
Anything is possible I guess but with the lower half of the dash apart it's pretty noticeable. It's really annoying though! It's hard to describe, a creaking or ticking noise. Definitely not a rattle, rough roads or bumps don't cause it to happen. Only when turning at low speeds. I can make it happen repeatedly by steering back and forth at 15 to 20 mph. It happens in every low speed turn.

OP
OP
like2detail

like2detail

Reaction score
Not yet. I worked for a really good Toyota dealer for 23 years (sales not service) before switching careers and brands. I know how hard it was for them to diagnose creaks and rattles and the technicians really don't get much flat rate time for that stuff. I was spoiled for a long time because I could call the factory guys when something like this came up with a Toyota. I try to help pinpoint things before I just drop it off for the "rookie" tech to not find it lol.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It sounds like something that can be duplicated easily and that is what dealer techs like. They may even have a TSB about the noise.

OP
OP
like2detail

like2detail

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the next step. I've read that it could be a body mount, could be the crossmember, etc... I'm sure it will be a lot easier to just make the appointment.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the next step. I've read that it could be a body mount, could be the crossmember, etc... I'm sure it will be a lot easier to just make the appointment.
Not sure that I would mention that you had part of the dash apart when you take it in.

OP
OP
like2detail

like2detail

Reaction score
Found the noise btw, it's actually the driver's seat! The joint on the inner side where the seat bracket meets the track. Sound must have been reflecting off of the dash which is why I felt like it kept moving around. Not sure how to fix though but at least I can tell them exactly where it's coming from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy