New coils for 22s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asaf Fried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I bought a 2016 SLT with aftermarket 22's.
The struts and shocks are done at 110K and I am putting new Bilstein 5100 and new springs. I would like to use this opportunity to put springs that are better suited for the 22's - does anyone know what stock/aftermarket I should use ?
Currently I have standard (6/7HC rpo) front suspension and Nivomat (ZW7) in the back
Thank you

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coils better suited for 22’s? These rigs came with 18’s/20’s/22’s and i dont believe they changed the suspension for any of them. What makes you think you do? You want to lower, lift, or leave the same height?

OP
OP
A

Asaf Fried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coils better suited for 22’s? These rigs came with 18’s/20’s/22’s and i dont believe they changed the suspension for any of them. What makes you think you do? You want to lower, lift, or leave the same height?
Thanks for replying. Same height. Not really sure why, but there are many coil spring options on AC Delco website and many RPOs

cnunez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Following, as I was wondering if anyone upgraded their front coil springs after doing a drop.
I did bilstein 5100s and factory springs and it still seems like the front end is alittle bounce. 2016 denali with magride delete and I did the belltech 2/4 drop with front drop spindles.

Brad32486

Reaction score
Following, as I was wondering if anyone upgraded their front coil springs after doing a drop.
I did bilstein 5100s and factory springs and it still seems like the front end is alittle bounce. 2016 denali with magride delete and I did the belltech 2/4 drop with front drop spindles.
I'm really debating right now between 2" drop spindles or 1" lowering springs. I know the geometry will change between those two options, but are you happy with the spindles and the look? I currently have front stock height and rear is dropped about 2.5" to level it. It does sit level with the ground, but that front wheel well goes a little higher, so I don't like the gap. Just don't know if 2" lower up front might be too low.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really debating right now between 2" drop spindles or 1" lowering springs. I know the geometry will change between those two options, but are you happy with the spindles and the look? I currently have front stock height and rear is dropped about 2.5" to level it. It does sit level with the ground, but that front wheel well goes a little higher, so I don't like the gap. Just don't know if 2" lower up front might be too low.
From what i have read, the 2” spindles only net a drop of 1.5” or less in many cases….how in the hell that is even possible i have no clue, but that seems to be what everyone has been reporting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts