New Centre Console for my 2011 ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I found under the rubber "carpet" when I installed my console. It is hiding somewhere near the roll over sensor, I suspect it to run back to the front "somewhere". I also attached a pic of the connector that I found in my console, and.... it does not power the cigarette lighters.

Also: Does anyone know if it is easy to take the tray out of the center console after the console is installed? I want to try and see if I can disconnect the first part of the wiring harness, that connects the rear (in my case the harness was actually cut).

Ron

IMG_20171112_172213129.jpg IMG_20171112_172319708.jpg

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I noodled around for that harness TWICE and came up empty-handed. I'm guessing it was rolled up with the upfitter's harness when they retired the truck, so it's a batch of cut wires up behind the radio now.
Oh heck sorry to hear that. That could very well be the case. Basically though, it's not hard to run power to the console. Find one of those cut bundles with a hot and a ground and extend to the console. If you want to make it pretty, you could probably find the correct pig tail on ebay or rock auto.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone else's center console's legs kinda flimsy? mine were bent pretty bad

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the top plug is the one I fished out from under the mat. The bottom plug is the one from the harness. Which would be the correct male plug for the female with the red n black wires? I figure I would just get the correct plug to this one and make my own harness to power the cigs...
IMG_8423.jpg
IMG_8422.jpg

GabeTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am also installing a console in my PPV and i want to get it wired up

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a part number for that cubie?

I don't, but trying to hunt it down. I have been 'researching' getting the rear audio connected, BUT if it is the right harness already, it starts to look like you have to pretty much all disconnect all instrument panel stuff in the dash (it's a pretty big harness with lots of connectors) and keep your finger crossed (and everything else one can possibly cross) when you start the thing again.. AND still no real guarantee it even works, or worse start some electrical mayhem.

So I might just opt for installing an after market Amp, pull the rear audio thing out and replace it with one of those cubbies. (I still have to figure out how to install an after market amp with having to re-wire the whole car.

I am leaning towards getting one of these (I was recommended that by the shop that re-programmed my radio)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PAC-AO...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PAC-AO...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
What I am still trying to figure out is how an amplifier would be hooked up to that, using the original wiring for the speakers and such.

edit: I stopped leaning, the place I had my radio re-programmed said I needed one, so I bought it.

Last edited:

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
I have the jump seat but everytime I see these installed it looks SOOO MUCH BETTER than my stupid jumpseat.