New Car not starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jefyabraham

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up my 2022 Tahoe RST after waiting 3 months on Wednesday night. Thursday morning, couldn't open the doors or start the new car , via remote or Chevy app. Called roadside assistance after calling dealer and had Tahoe towed to dealer. This morning Service manager called and said issue is resolved, it was a faulty battery, when i picked it up they didn't do a good job with the pre delivery wash. So they were going to clean it again before I was suppose to pick it up tonight. I called back to find out what time I should come to pick up and the service manager said the Tahoe is not starting again, they will have a Tech look at it first thing Saturday morning. Anyone else experience this?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t seen many posts about that type of condition on here. Maybe the ECM or something is bad with it…there’s been a few posts about that having issues on fairly new units.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no start covers a wide range of problems.....
specifics are helpful
also being it is so new the dealer should be able to see a code with there tool. you should ask them for that once it is resolved

OP
OP
J

Jefyabraham

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After 2 weeks finally got my Tahoe back from the shop. Service dept indicated 3 batteries were changed and they kept draining. After being in contact with GM, they were able to find a connector somewhere in the back under paneling that was not plugged in. They indicated, when the doors are locked a signal was being sent to the ECM and it wasn't making it there due to this plug not connected, which was draining the battery.

Attachments

• tahoe_2.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • tahoe_1.pdf
    216.8 KB · Views: 8

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, Mercedes Benz bought my wife’s car back after they determined they were not going to be able to find a wiring fault.

I was pretty happy and thought very highly of MBZ NA, until, as I was walking out of the dealership with our check, I saw the sign on the windshield, it said, “Property of Mercedes Benz of North America, this car to be sold at auction.”

Great, some poor schmuck who thought they were getting a smoking deal, got a car Mercedes couldn’t fix…

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhat battery related, a few weeks ago while on a recon mission I was in my RST for about 2 hrs occasionally hitting the start button to keep radio on, that when it was time to leave the location it would not crank. Instead got a message on my DIC that key fob timed out, and to shake it to enable again….I was like wtf???

Hasn’t happened since but interesting to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094